Health Informatics for Healthcare Professionals:
To be advised
Healthcare Information Systems:
29 Feb, 1 Mar, 4 Mar 2024 | 9am – 5.30pm | Classroom Learning
This Professional Certificate will equip learners with the following competencies:
- Understand the inter-relation among Computer Science, Information Science and Health Science to support the management and processing of data, information and knowledge in healthcare delivery
- Apply Health Informatics to advance healthcare delivery and practice to ultimately improve patient outcomes
- Apply relevant standards in health information systems to address systems interoperability issues.
- Explore as to how infrastructures can play a supportive role in the administration of healthcare services
- Learn the various health information systems and technologies deployed in the healthcare ecosystem to support healthcare services
- Understand healthcare information systems
- Understand the need to integrate information technology into the strategic plan of the healthcare organization
- Understand how to select an information system
- Understand the various factors that play a vital role in the adoption and use of technology
- Understand Telehealth and how to apply Telehealth in a healthcare environment
Job Role Readiness
It will prepare learners in the following job roles to perform their responsibilities more effectively/ It will prepare learners for the following job roles:
- Health Informatician
- Allied Health Professionals
Who Should Attend
- Healthcare Professionals
At least a polytechnic diploma.
(Click their photos to view their short biographies)
Assoc Prof Danny Poo
Assoc Prof Danny Poo brings with him 35 years of Software Engineering and Information Technology and Management experience. A graduate from the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST), England, Dr Poo is currently an Associate Professor at the Department of Information Systems and Analytics, National University of Singapore. Prior to joining the University, Dr Poo was with the System Operations at DBSBank, Singapore.
A Steering Committee member of the Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference, Dr Poo is actively involved in Information Management and Healthcare Analytics research. A well-known speaker in seminars, Dr Poo has conducted numerous in-house training and consultancy for organizations, both locally and regionally. Dr Poo is the author of 5 books on Object-Oriented Software Engineering, Java Programming language and Enterprise JavaBeans.
Dr Poo notable teaching credentials include:
- Data Strategy
- Data StoryTelling
- Data Visualisation
- Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Data Management
- Data Governance
- Data Architecture
- Capstone Projects for Business Analytics
- Software Engineering
- Server-side Systems Design and Development
- Information Technology Project Management
- Health Informatics
- Healthcare Analytics
- Health Informatics Leadership.
- Deutsche Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- ST Electronic
- Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Infocomm Development Authority
- National Library Board
- Ministry of Manpower
- Nanyang Technological University
- Nanyang Polytechnic
- National University Hospital.
Dr Lek Hsiang Hui
Dr Lek Hsiang Hui is a Specialist in Data Analytics, System Analysis and Development. He is an IT techie who is passionate about computer systems and technology.
He is involved in a few startups and is constantly looking into innovative IT solutions which can be translated to business ideas, with the recent one in the area of Big Data Analytics. He is also a mobile application developer and has produced more than 10 mobile apps.
Dr Lek has been teaching various undergraduate courses and executive courses in National University of Singapore (NUS) since 2006. Some of these modules include programming methodology, enterprise system analysis and development, and data mining. During this period, he has won a number of teaching awards such as NUS Annual Teaching Excellence Award (2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18) and NUS Annual Teaching Excellence Honor Roll (2018/19), Faculty Teaching Excellence Award (2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17), and Faculty Teaching Excellence Award Honor Roll (2017/18).
Dr Lek received his Doctor of Philosophy (Information Systems) from NUS in 2013. His research area is in Natural Language Processing (Sentiment Analysis). He graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree (1st class Honors) in Computer Engineering from NUS.
Shopping Malls (UOL, Marina Square, ION), Healthcare (SingHealth), Government (STB), various SMEs in F&B, Apparels, Cleaning Solutions, Photography, Health Products, Baby Products
Total Nett Programme Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes
Participants must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components to be eligible for SSG funding.
To enquire, email email@example.com
To register, click Register
Healthcare Analytics: TGS-2022012279 (Classroom Learning) / TGS-2022012299 (Synchronous e-learning)
Communicating Insights with Data Storytelling: TGS-2022011489 (Classroom Learning) / TGS-2022011480 (Synchronous e-learning)