Professional Certificate in Digital Transformation – Digital Capability and Agility
Digitally Transform Your Organization Effectively – Get It Right!
Digital transformation is everywhere on the agendas of corporate boards and digital transformation for the organization is no longer an option, but essential to survival and success. However, not many succeeded for various reasons. Some of the primary reasons include:
- the lack of holistic understanding of the organization and the subsequent formulation of the digital strategy
- a high-level vision that is not translated to actionable roadmaps
- the fragmented, localized and ad-hoc decisions about digital initiatives often traced to siloed perspectives of departmental units
- the conventional way of building and acquiring digital technology solutions that may no longer be suitable or adequate
- the dynamic and changing business environment that makes the conventional linear approach in strategy formulation and implementation, as well as the acquiring and developing technological solutions to be no longer valid
The goal of a corporation is pushing for digital transformation is to reimagine the way it develops digital capabilities, builds resilience and agility. It is not a responsibility that can be outsourced; rather it has to be internally and meticulously developed (coming from inside rather than acquire from outside). Digital transformation is not to mimic some good practices but to internalize, challenge, and create effective practices. This professional certificate provides a total solution in developing, implementing, monitoring, and fine-tuning the digital transformation strategy in an agile manner.
This programme introduces the concepts of digital transformation and maturity model.
Before an organisation is able to develop its digital capability and agility, it needs to understand the level of its digital maturity. Based on this, the organisation can then develop the roadmap to develop its digital capability.
The programme covers definitions, pitfalls and typical failure factors, digital maturity model, design thinking, user case creation and prioritization, roadmap formulation, and strategy to tap on and engage vendors. It also emphasises how to tackle the “unknown unknowns”, particularly in a rapidly changing environment and demographic configuration in Singapore.
This PC will equip learners with the following competencies:
• Cognizant of the pillars of digital transformation
• Have a good understanding of the stages of digital transformation
• Capacity to assess own organisation’s maturity stage
• Ability to identify the relevant KPIs to measure and reflect on use case implementations
• Cognizant of how to identify lighthouse projects to jumpstart digital transformation journey
• Understand the dimensions of enterprise agility
• Know what is needed to build technology capability as a core differentiator for the organisation
• Know how to develop human capital and manage talents (recruitment and retention) for a digitally charged organisation.
Upon completion of the programme, learners should know:
• How to develop a digital transformation roadmap and measures.
• How to identify, create, and implement use cases.
• How to identify the lighthouse project.
• How to scale-up.
• How to realign the business to focus more on customer value.
• How to build a responsive and agile organisation to deal with speed and ambiguity.
• How to build next-generation technology capability as a core differentiator.
• How to uplift employee digital competencies and foster a digitally charged workplace.
It will prepare learners in the following job roles to perform their responsibilities more effectively:
• Executives and Managers who are involved (to be involved) in Digital Transformation in their organisation
• Middle to senior management executives and directors who are involved (to be involved) in championing and leading Digital Transformation in their organisation
This foundation workshop introduces the concepts of digital transformation and the maturity model. It also covers the challenges, pitfalls, and opportunities that are often encountered when companies embark on the digital transformation journey.
- Design Thinking: Creative and Strategic Business Solutions
- Digital Transformation – User Case Generation, Selection, and Prioritization
This workshop will require the involvement of functional service users, IT professionals (internal), and the digital transformation team. User case creation and prioritization, roadmap formulation, and strategy to tap on and engage vendors will be covered. The output of this workshop is a list of digital initiatives. These digital initiatives are likely to be the output of the re-imagination of digital experience and digital operations.
Note: Participants for this course would benefit more if they have attended a design thinking course before taking up this course.
This workshop targets mid- to top management. The emphasis is on how to tackle the “unknown unknowns”, particularly in a rapidly changing environment and demographic configuration in Singapore (e.g., aging population, wealth, and health disparities). Enterprise agility, capability building, competence development, and change management will be covered.
Who Should Attend
Executives and Managers who are involved (to be involved) in Digital Transformation in their organisation.
Polytechnic Diploma (or equivalent) and 5 years of working experience.
For enquiries, please email email@example.com
To register, click Register
For members of public and NUS Alumnus (without R&G Voucher), please follow the steps below:
Select Short Course / Modular Course -> Apply for Myself -> Browse Academic Modules / Short Courses-> Module/Course Category -> Short Courses -> Browse Courses-> Strategic Tech Mgt Institute (Faculty/Department / Unit)
Please download the user guide for NUS Online Application Portal after you click ‘Apply for Myself’ if you need assistance.
(Click their names to view their short biographies)
Dr Guo Lei
Assoc Prof Keith Barrett Carter
Assoc Prof Tan Chuan Hoo