Cybersecurity Begins With Me
Date: 4 Aug 2022 | 9am – 5.30pm | Online
Duration: 1 Day
The programme will equip participants with knowledge and skills on how to use information technology both in the workplace and at home safely and securely. Specifically, we will show how to establish a secure network connection and manage personal as well as corporate data appropriately.
This module is part of Professional Certificate in Emerging and Disruptive Technologies.
After the end of the programme, the participants will be able to:
• Understand the principle of information security such as confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
• Understand the implications of legal and regulation such as Singapore Computer Misuse Act.
• Protect ourselves from unauthorised computer and device access, unauthorised information gathering, and fraud.
• Identify social engineering techniques including phone calls, phishing, and shoulder surfing.
• Identify different methods of identity theft such as information diving, skimming, and pretexting.
• Protect files, folders, drives safely and securely using strong passwords and encryption.
• Identify different types of malwares including Trojans, rootkits, ransomware, and backdoors.
• Be able to understand common network, wireless security types and use firewalls and hotspots securely.
• Understand communication security issues that can arise from using e-mail, social networks, IoTs and mobile devices.
• Backup, restore, and dispose data securely and safely.
Who Should Attend
Any employees who has access into corporate/company network.
Familiar with Internet access.
(Click their photos to view their short biographies)
Mr Ang Leong Boon
Mr Ang Leong Boon is currently the Head of IT Security at NUS Information Technology, responsible for security governance, risk management, security operations, incident response and user awareness across the entire University.
He has over 15 years of experience in cybersecurity, with a keen interest in security incident handling and response. During his 10 years in NUS, he has led a number of investigations for major cybersecurity incidents, including an APT attack on local universities in 2017. He has also conducted guest lectures in NUS, provided mentorship for startups with the ICE71 Accelerate Programme and spoken at various security conferences.
Leong Boon is an alumnus of NUS, having graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering.
Total Nett Programme Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes
Participants must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components to be eligible for SSG funding.
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year (or up to $500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
To enquire, email email@example.com
To register, click Register
Course Fee Breakdown
Singapore Citizens39 years old or younger
Singapore Citizen40 years old or older