Professional Certificate in
Emerging and Disruptive Technologies
Cloud Begins With Me: 12 Jul 2022
Cybersecurity Begins With Me:
4 Aug 2022
Blockchain, Digital Currencies, and Distributed Ledgers Starts from Here:
22 Aug, 23 Aug 2022
Internet of Things Begins With Me:
23 Sep 2022
21 Nov 2022 (Alternative Date)
Robotics Process Automation Begins With Me:
8 Jun 2022
7 Sept 2022 (Alternative Date)
Intermediate Robotics Process Automation:
23 Jun 2022
30 Sept 2022 (Alternative Date)
Duration: 7 Days
This Professional Certificate in Emerging and Disruptive Technologies gives a quick overview & understanding of the various emerging and disruptive technologies and their implications in the industry. It is highly practical and relevant, applying the best industry practices in the various technologies. This Professional Certificate is stackable to an Advanced Professional Certificate in Emerging and Disruptive Technologies in a Complex World.
This programme is designed for those who need to grasp the foundations of Cloud Computing, Cybersecurity, Blockchain, IoT, Robotic Process Automation.
At the end of the programme, the learner will be able to:
- equip participants with essential knowledge and skills about cloud services and how to use resources from these services;
- share and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using cloud services
- introduce and examine the basic concepts of cloud services in terms of how to create and utilize services such as infrastructure, platform, and application as a service (IaaS, PaaS, and AaaS); and
- equip participants with an understanding and appreciation of the basic cloud concepts, and to apply cloud services in their work roles
- equip participants with knowledge and skills on how to use information technology both in the workplace and at home safely and securely.
- learn how to establish a secure network connection and manage personal as well as corporate data appropriately.
- acquire the concepts of Blockchain (BC), digital currencies (DC), and distributed ledger (DL) to apply them in their business application.
- Understand the possible advantages of Blockchain, digital currencies, and distributed ledger (DL) while considering their applications to the businesses.
- design a viable implementation of BC, DC and DL, with regards to their business environment.
- conceptualise IoT solutions for their business cases
- Independently create IoT proof of concept demonstrations
- choose the right IoT technologies for their use cases
- estimate the effort and resources required to roll out IoT projects
- Understand the workflow automation
- Understand the RPA
- Develop their own simple bots in MS-PA environment
- Design and development of advanced RPA macros and recordings to automate administrative tasks and web scrapping.
Who Should Attend
Executives, Managers, Engineers
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Knowledge in using Internet and basic level of Microsoft Applications
(Click their photos to view their short biographies)
Dr Amirhassan Monajemi
Dr Amirhassan Monajemi is a Senior Lecturer in AI and Machine Learning with the School of Computing (SoC) at the National University of Singapore (NUS). Prior to SoC, he was a Senior Lecturer in NUS School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (SCALE) teaching AI and Data Science to adult learners. Before joining the NUS, he was with the Faculty of Computer Engineering, University of Isfahan, Iran, where he was serving as a professor of AI, Machine Learning, and Data Science. He was born in Isfahan, Iran. He studied towards BSc and MSc in Computer Engineering at Isfahan University of Technology (IUT), and Shiraz University respectively. He got his PhD in computer engineering, pattern recognition and image processing, from the University of Bristol, Bristol, England, in 2005. His research interests include AI, Machine Learning, Machine Vision, IoT, Data Science, and their applications.
He has taught the artificial intelligence courses, including AI, Advanced AI, Expert Systems, Decision Support Systems, Neural Networks, and Cognitive Science since 2005 at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. He was awarded the best university teacher of the province in 2012. He also has studied Learning Management Systems, E-Learning, and E-Learning for workplaces since 2007.
Dr Monajemi has registered a few patents in the fields of AI, Machine Vision, and Signal Processing applications, including an AI and machine vision-based driver drowsiness detection system and a low power consuming spherical robot. He also has published more than a hundred research papers in peer-reviewed, indexed journals and international conferences (IEEE, Elsevier, Springer, and so on), and supervised several Data Science, IoT, and AI industrial projects in various scales, including Isfahan intelligent traffic system delivery and testing, and red light runners detection. He is experienced in different sub-domains of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, from theory to practice, including Deep Learning, Logic, and Optimisation.
Dr Edmund Low
Dr Edmund Low is currently Senior Lecturer with the NUS College at the National University of Singapore.
He has nearly 20 years of academic and professional experience in the use of data-driven tools to answer questions in public health and the environment. His past projects include applying AI techniques and machine learning models for environmental modelling and impact assessment. He currently heads the quantitative reasoning domain at USP, and teaches courses on statistical methods, data science and machine learning. As an educator, Edmund is a multiple recipient of both the USP Teaching Excellence Award, as well as the NUS Annual Teaching Excellence Award. Edmund holds a PhD in Environmental Engineering from Yale University.
Mr Ang Leong Boon
Mr Ang Leong Boon is currently the Head of IT Security at NUS Information Technology, responsible for security governance, risk management, security operations, incident response and user awareness across the entire University.
He has over 15 years of experience in cybersecurity, with a keen interest in security incident handling and response. During his 10 years in NUS, he has led a number of investigations for major cybersecurity incidents, including an APT attack on local universities in 2017. He has also conducted guest lectures in NUS, provided mentorship for startups with the ICE71 Accelerate Programme and spoken at various security conferences.
Leong Boon is an alumnus of NUS, having graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering.
Mr Tan Keok Tay
Mr Tan Keok Tay is an Associate Director with NUS Information Technology. He is currently leading a digital enablement team to run Digital Enablement Programme in conjunction with the University’s drive to raise the digital dexterity of the staff in NUS.
The programme includes tools such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Data Visualization, Forms & Flows, Survey, and products from Microsoft 365. He conducts workshops and clinic sessions to enable staff to be more effective and productive with the use of the digital tools.
Keok Tay is an alumnus of NUS, having graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer and Information Science, and a Master of Science in Management of Technology.
Total Nett Programme Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes
Participants must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components to be eligible for SSG funding.
To enquire, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To register, click Register
Cloud begins with me: TGS-2021003726
Cybersecurity begins with me: TGS-2020502422
Blockchain Digital Currencies, and Distributed Ledgers Starts from Here: TGS-2020513878 (Classroom Learning) / TGS-2020503102 (Synchronous e-learning)
Internet of Things Begins With Me: TGS-2021006687
Robotics Process Automation Begins with Me: TGS-2020513883 (Classroom Learning) / TGS-2020503034 (Synchronous e-Learning)
Intermediate Robotics Process Automation: TGS-2020504737 (Classroom Learning) / TGS-2021002741 (Synchronous e-learning)