Programming Part I:
To be advised
Programming Part II:
To be advised
Duration: 6 Days
This PC will equip learners with the following competencies:
- Fundamental programming constructs (variables, types, expressions, assignments,
functions, control structures)
- Control statements: branching and looping
- Function abstraction
- Programming Methodology (design, implementation, test, debug)
- List, Tuple & String
- Composite data structures
- Simple sorting & searching
- Abstract Data Type, Dictionary, String (revisit)
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP): Class
- OOP: Inheritance
- OOP: Polymorphism
Job Role Readiness
It will prepare learners in the following job roles to perform their responsibilities more
effectively/ It will prepare learners for the following job roles: Data / AI / System / Software Engineers
Who Should Attend
- This programme is designed for mid-career PMETs and individuals with no background in
computing who are looking to switch to IT line of work.
- Data / AI / System / Software Engineers
- STEM field degree/ poly diploma
- A Level with reasonable math / computing grade
(Click their photos to view their short biographies)
Assoc Prof Soo Yuen Jien
Assoc Prof Soo Yuen Jien has been in NUS for more than 20 years. He received the B.Sc., M.Sc. and Ph.D degree from NUS in year 2000, 2001 and 2006 respectively.
Starting off as a teaching assistant in year 2000, he has since enjoyed teaching for 10 plus years. Yuen Jien is now an Associate Professor in Computer Science Department of School of Computing.
Dr Leong Wai Kay
Dr Leong Wai Kay is a lecturer with the Department of Computer Science at National University of Singapore (NUS). He graduated with Bachelor of Computing and PhD in Computer Science from National University of Singapore. He is currently teaching undergraduate courses in programming methodology, and software engineering on iOS platform.
Total Nett Programme Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes
Participants must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components to be eligible for SSG funding.
To enquire, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To register, click Register
Programming I: TGS-2022012250 (Classroom Learning) / TGS-2022012268 (Synchronous e-learning)
Programming II: TGS-2022012312 (Classroom Learning) / TGS-2022012313 (Synchronous e-learning)