Building blocks of the Metaverse: 5 Dec, 6 Dec, 7 Dec 2022 | 9am-5.30pm | Classroom Learning
Two halves of the Metaverse: Physical and Digital Twins: 12 Dec, 13 Dec, 14 Dec 2022 | 9am-5.30pm | Classroom Learning
Duration: 6 Days
This Professional Certificate will equip learners with the following competencies:
- Understand how businesses can best take advantage of opportunities afforded by the Metaverse.
- Introduce various technologies such as Augmented and Virtual Reality, Internet-of-things, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain and Cloud with an emphasis on how they all fit together to create the Metaverse of business opportunities.
- Explore the interconnection between these seemingly disparate pieces of the puzzle to create business ideas that are greater than the sum of their parts.
- Understand how businesses can best take advantage of opportunities afforded by the Metaverse, which is made up of both the physical world and its Digital Twin.
- Provide an overview of how each different world (Physical and Digital) contributes to the creation, sustenance, and operation of the Metaverse,
- Enable business owners to better plan and prepare their existing business operations to gain a first-mover advantage in this new domain.
Job Role Readiness
This Professional Certificate will prepare learners in the following job roles to perform their responsibilities more effectively:
- Executives, Developers, Designers and Managers in Information Technology related fields, business development, strategic planning and operations
Who Should Attend
Information Technology and Business development Professionals.
At least a polytechnic diploma.
(Click their photos to view their short biographies)
Dr Lu Weiquan
Dr Lu Weiquan is a Senior Lecturer at the School of Computing in NUS who examines the User Experience (UX) Design of technologically-empowered learning environments. He designs and utilizes experiential learning technology (such as simulations, Augmented and Virtual Reality) in the courses he teaches, and his education research interests include figuring out how all this technology tangibly and measurably affects human learning using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. He also advises the government in the fields of UX design and experiential learning, and he develops Metaverse applications for industry clients. He holds a B.Comp. in Computing and a Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from NUS.
Total Nett Programme Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes
Participants must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components to be eligible for SSG funding.
To enquire, email email@example.com
To register, click Register
Building blocks of the Metaverse: TGS-2022014562 (Classroom Learning) / TGS-2022014569 (Synchronous e-learning)
Two halves of the Metaverse: Physical and Digital Twins: TGS-2022014575 (Classroom Learning) / TGS-2022014572 (Synchronous e-learning)
For members of public and NUS Alumnus (without R&G Voucher), please follow the steps below:
Select Short Course / Modular Course -> Apply for Myself -> Browse Academic Modules / Short Courses-> Module/Course Category -> Short Courses -> Browse Courses-> Strategic Tech Mgt Institute (Faculty/Department / Unit)
Please download the user guide for NUS Online Application Portal after you click ‘Apply for Myself’ if you need assistance.