Professional Certificate in
Health Information Management
Date: On Demand
Duration: 6 Days
This Professional Certificate will equip learners with the following competencies:
- Understand the differences between privacy, confidentiality, information privacy, and
information security and the relationships among them.
- Discuss how information system security affects privacy, confidentiality, and security.
- Understand the significance of security for information integrity.
- Recognize potential threats to system security and information.
- Identify several security measures designed to protect information and discuss how
- Compare and contrast available methods of authentication in terms of levels of
security, costs, and ease of use.
- Distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate password selection and
- Provide common examples of confidential forms and communication seen in
healthcare settings and identify proper disposal techniques for each.
- Discuss the impact that Internet technology has on the security of health-related
- Apply the various models and tools learnt in Digital Project Management
- Understand Requirements Management in relations to planning and executing digital
- Apply Change Request Management in healthcare services.
- Understand the importance of project governance in digital project execution models
- Create a Project Management Plan, considering the risk management aspects.
Job Role Readiness
It will prepare learners in the following job roles to perform their responsibilities more
effectively/ It will prepare learners for the following job roles:
- Healthcare informaticians, IT professionals, Nurses, supporting staff and healthcare
- Nursing and clinical employees who are responsible for improving, clinical, patients
and delivery processes
Who Should Attend
- Healthcare Professionals
At least a polytechnic diploma.
(Click their photos to view their short biographies)
Assoc Prof Danny Poo
Assoc Prof Danny Poo brings with him 35 years of Software Engineering and Information Technology and Management experience. A graduate from the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST), England, Dr Poo is currently an Associate Professor at the Department of Information Systems and Analytics, National University of Singapore. Prior to joining the University, Dr Poo was with the System Operations at DBSBank, Singapore.
A Steering Committee member of the Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference, Dr Poo is actively involved in Information Management and Healthcare Analytics research. A well-known speaker in seminars, Dr Poo has conducted numerous in-house training and consultancy for organizations, both locally and regionally. Dr Poo is the author of 5 books on Object-Oriented Software Engineering, Java Programming language and Enterprise JavaBeans.
Dr Poo notable teaching credentials include:
- Data Strategy
- Data StoryTelling
- Data Visualisation
- Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Data Management
- Data Governance
- Data Architecture
- Capstone Projects for Business Analytics
- Software Engineering
- Server-side Systems Design and Development
- Information Technology Project Management
- Health Informatics
- Healthcare Analytics
- Health Informatics Leadership.
- Deutsche Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- ST Electronic
- Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Infocomm Development Authority
- National Library Board
- Ministry of Manpower
- Nanyang Technological University
- Nanyang Polytechnic
- National University Hospital.
Dr Lek Hsiang Hui
Dr Lek Hsiang Hui is a Specialist in Data Analytics, System Analysis and Development. He is an IT techie who is passionate about computer systems and technology.
He is involved in a few startups and is constantly looking into innovative IT solutions which can be translated to business ideas, with the recent one in the area of Big Data Analytics. He is also a mobile application developer and has produced more than 10 mobile apps.
Dr Lek has been teaching various undergraduate courses and executive courses in National University of Singapore (NUS) since 2006. Some of these modules include programming methodology, enterprise system analysis and development, and data mining. During this period, he has won a number of teaching awards such as NUS Annual Teaching Excellence Award (2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18) and NUS Annual Teaching Excellence Honor Roll (2018/19), Faculty Teaching Excellence Award (2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17), and Faculty Teaching Excellence Award Honor Roll (2017/18).
Dr Lek received his Doctor of Philosophy (Information Systems) from NUS in 2013. His research area is in Natural Language Processing (Sentiment Analysis). He graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree (1st class Honors) in Computer Engineering from NUS.
Shopping Malls (UOL, Marina Square, ION), Healthcare (SingHealth), Government (STB), various SMEs in F&B, Apparels, Cleaning Solutions, Photography, Health Products, Baby Products
Total Nett Programme Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes
Participants must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components to be eligible for SSG funding.
To enquire, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To register, click Register
Patient Data Security and Privacy: TGS-2021008077 (Classroom Learning)
Digital Project Management for Informaticians: TGS-2022012259 (Classroom Learning) / TGS-2022012265 (Synchronous e-learning)
For members of public and NUS Alumnus (without R&G Voucher), please follow the steps below:
Select Short Course / Modular Course -> Apply for Myself -> Browse Academic Modules / Short Courses-> Module/Course Category -> Short Courses -> Browse Courses-> Strategic Tech Mgt Institute (Faculty/Department / Unit)
Please download the user guide for NUS Online Application Portal after you click ‘Apply for Myself’ if you need assistance.