Creating Interfaces for the Metaverse: Augmented and Virtual Reality: To be advised
User Interface and User Experience Design for the Metaverse: 10 Apr, 11 Apr, 12 Apr 2023 | 9am-5.30pm | Classroom Learning
Duration: 6 Days
The courses are meant as an introduction to experiencing the Metaverse through Virtual and Augmented Reality. In the first course of the series titled “Creating Interfaces for the Metaverse: Augmented and Virtual Reality” participants will learn how to create Virtual and Augmented Reality environments using freely available platforms, tools and online resources. Participants will learn how to program these platforms and tools to create Virtual and Augmented Reality experiences that can run on different devices, such as desktops, laptops, smartphones, as well as augmented and virtual reality headsets. In the second course of the series titled “User Interface & User Experience Design for the Metaverse, participants will learn what UX/UI design means in the Metaverse, how different the concepts are from traditional app design experienced via traditional flatscreen interfaces, and how to best design interfaces and experiences that have no equivalent or analogue in the physical world.
Job Role Readiness
This Professional Certificate will prepare learners in the following job roles to perform their responsibilities more effectively:
- Executives, Developers, Designers and Managers in Information Technology related fields, business development, strategic planning and operations
This Professional Certificate will equip learners with the following competencies:
- Understand how businesses can create interfaces to interact in the Metaverse.
- Introduce the Interface concepts specific to the Metaverse which include Augmented and Virtual Reality
- Learn how to create these interfaces using free software tools.
- Experience their design creations through their personal devices and how all these fit into the Metaverse as a whole, so as to create viable business solutions in the Metaverse.
- Understand how businesses can design User Interfaces and Experiences for the Metaverse.
- Learn how to take advantage of the Metaverse’s unique qualities to create seemingly magical experiences to unlock business potential like never before.
- Learn how to craft sensations, influence emotions, and shape perceptions to drive intended sentiments of a company’s brand, products, and services in the Metaverse.
- Understanding the fundamentals of creating Virtual and Augmented Reality Environments.
- Developing the programming skills to create Virtual and Augmented Reality using freely available platforms, tools and online resources.
- Exploring not just what is possible with Virtual and Augmented Reality User Experiences and Interfaces, but also learning how to determine what is appropriate for different business needs.
Who Should Attend
- Information Technology and Business development Professionals.
- Any industry looking to use VR/AR/xR in its business operations or the Metaverse.
At least a polytechnic diploma in Information Technology or related fields.
Participants need to bring their own laptop for the full experience, as there will be segments that are technical / coding in nature, where participants will write code and create the AR/VR/xR world.
(Click their photos to view their short biographies)
Rahul Nath is a creative technologist with 17 years of experience in games and films. He has shipped over 10 games and directed 4 pilot series. He has leveraged technology such as motion capture, face capture, real-time game engines, Virtual Reality and XR in the projects he was involved in to continuously push the envelope of what is possible.
He has previously worked at Digipen Institute of Technology, Virtuos Games, Maui and Digital Chocolate and currently is focused on use cases involving game engines in trans media projects.”
Total Nett Programme Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes
Participants must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components to be eligible for SSG funding.
To enquire, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To register, click Register
Creating Interfaces for the Metaverse: Augmented and Virtual Reality
TGS-2022014577 (Classroom Learning) / TGS- 2022014563 (Synchronous e-learning)
User Interface & User Experience Design for the Metaverse
TGS-2022014567 (Classroom Learning) / TGS-2022014565 (Synchronous e-learning)
For members of public and NUS Alumnus (without R&G Voucher), please follow the steps below:
Select Short Course / Modular Course -> Apply for Myself -> Browse Academic Modules / Short Courses-> Module/Course Category -> Short Courses -> Browse Courses-> Strategic Tech Mgt Institute (Faculty/Department / Unit)
Please download the user guide for NUS Online Application Portal after you click ‘Apply for Myself’ if you need assistance.