Data Strategy: 1 Feb, 2 Feb, 3 Feb 2023 | 9.00am-5.30pm | Classroom Learning
Communicating Insights with Data Storytelling: 15 Feb, 16 Feb, 17 Feb 2023 | 9.00am-5.30pm | Classroom Learning
Duration: 6 Days
This Professional Certificate will equip learners with the following competencies:
- Understand big data and how big data analytics can help organizations achieve a competitive advantage.
- Learn how to make strategic use of the data available in organizations.
- Learn how to use data to improve business decisions and operations.
- Learn how to monetize data to increase the organization’s revenue.
- Learn how to communicate data insights through effective data storytelling.
Job Role Readiness
It will prepare learners in the following job roles to perform their responsibilities more effectively/ It will prepare learners for the following job roles:
- Data Analysts
Who Should Attend
- This programme is designed for healthcare professionals & mid-career PMETs looking to pivot into data analyst or informatician roles.
- IT professionals
(Click their photos to view their short biographies)
Assoc Prof Danny Poo
Assoc Prof Danny Poo brings with him 35 years of Software Engineering and Information Technology and Management experience. A graduate from the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST), England, Dr Poo is currently an Associate Professor at the Department of Information Systems and Analytics, National University of Singapore. Prior to joining the University, Dr Poo was with the System Operations at DBSBank, Singapore.
A Steering Committee member of the Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference, Dr Poo is actively involved in Information Management and Healthcare Analytics research. A well-known speaker in seminars, Dr Poo has conducted numerous in-house training and consultancy for organizations, both locally and regionally. Dr Poo is the author of 5 books on Object-Oriented Software Engineering, Java Programming language and Enterprise JavaBeans.
Dr Poo notable teaching credentials include:
- Data Strategy
- Data StoryTelling
- Data Visualisation
- Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Data Management
- Data Governance
- Data Architecture
- Capstone Projects for Business Analytics
- Software Engineering
- Server-side Systems Design and Development
- Information Technology Project Management
- Health Informatics
- Healthcare Analytics
- Health Informatics Leadership.
- Deutsche Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- ST Electronic
- Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Infocomm Development Authority
- National Library Board
- Ministry of Manpower
- Nanyang Technological University
- Nanyang Polytechnic
- National University Hospital.
Total Nett Programme Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes
Participants must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components to be eligible for SSG funding.
To enquire, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To register, click Register
Data Strategy: TGS-2022012359 (Classroom Learning) / TGS-2022012366 (Synchronous e-learning)
Communicating Insights with Data Storytelling: TGS-2022011489 (Classroom Learning) / TGS-2022011480 (Synchronous e-learning)
For members of public and NUS Alumnus (without R&G Voucher), please follow the steps below:
Select Short Course / Modular Course -> Apply for Myself -> Browse Academic Modules / Short Courses-> Module/Course Category -> Short Courses -> Browse Courses-> Advanced Computing for Exe (Faculty/Department / Unit)
Please download the user guide for NUS Online Application Portal after you click ‘Apply for Myself’ if you need assistance.