Date: 6 Feb, 7 Feb, 8 Feb 2023 | 9am – 5.30pm | Online
Duration: 3 Days
Lead the implementation of the Data Protection management programme for your organisation so as to instill customers’ trust and confidence in the way your organisation take care of their personal data.
This course will teach the participants:
- The Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (with 11 obligations) and equip them with the skillsets to lead a Data Protection Management Program as a management champion
- Understand “Tone at the top” could uplift an organisation from compliance to accountability, and Data Protection is culture of an organisation required participation by all staffs, and continuous effort over a period of time
- To be able to lead or supervise Data Protection Management Programme implementation, by utilising tools provided by PDPC and IMDA to perform impact assessment and risk rating, and finalizing an action plan agreed by stakeholds
- Understand the needs to conduct periodical revision for DPMP improvements, and encourage to utilise DP Starter Kit Checklist (DPaaS@SMEs) to jump start
This module is part of Professional Certificate in Governance, Risk and Data Breach Management.
The participant will be equipped with knowledge on
- PDPA 2012
- Introduction PD and PDPA
- DNC Provisions
- Consent Obligation
- Purpose Obligation
- Notification Obligation
- Access & Correction Obligation
- Accuracy Obligation
- Protection Obligation
- Retention Limitation Obligation
- Transfer Limitation Obligation
- Accountability Obligation
- Data Breach Notification Obligation
- Data Portability Obligation
- Data Protection Management Programs (DPMP, DPaaS)
- Introduction of DP management Program – DPMP
- Policy management – from compliance to accountability
- Access Request and internal system landscape
- People management – Data Protection culture
- DPO and responsibilities
- DPMP/DPIA: Personal Data and risk rating
- DPIA cycle
- DPIA cycle phase 3: PD flow chart & DIM
- DPIA cycle phase 4: Risk rating
- DPMP/DPIA: Action and Monitor outcomes
- DPIA phase 5: Create Action Plan
- DPIA phase 6: Monitor outcomes
- DPIA Questionnaire & DPIA Report Template
- DPMP and DP Starter Kit Checklist
- DP Starter Kit Checklist
- Review DPMP & Risk Reporting Framework
Who Should Attend
Corporate Executives and Senior Managers
At least a polytechnic diploma.
(Click their photos to view their short biographies)
Mr Francis Yeo
Mr Francis Yeo is currently the Chief Partnership Officer and Co-founder of ACT:DPI Pte Ltd. He holds an Associate Adult Educator (AAE) status with IAL/SUSS with professional qualification of ACTA & DACE with academic qualification of a BSc in CIS and a MSc in SWD.
Francis is a Certified Information Privacy Managers (CIPM) where he can deliver advisory and training services for data protection. Concurrently, Francis is an Associate Career Coach with NTUC e2i and SIM on a part-time basis to advise clients on their career path and assist them in employment services.
During his 8-year service as a General Manager with NTUC LearningHub (LHUB) from Feb 2013 to August 2020, he lead the LHUB team in the Data Protection projects that included but not limited to the following:
- To the successful launch of 18 NICF ICT courses under WDA/MDA in late 2013. Those ICT courses covered cyber-security, network management & database management for ICT professional critical towards data protection approach.
- Successful secured the appointment by PDPC for LHUB to deliver the “Fundamentals of the PDPA” course at the initial launch in 2014.
- In 2018, LHUB team won the bid from PDPC to the design, develop and manage the examination system for the “Practitioner Certificate for Personal Data Protection (Singapore)”.
- Started collaboration with PDPC towards the courseware development for the DPO competency framework and training roadmap, which was officially launched by the Minister of Communications and Information in July 2019.
Since 1978, prior to joining LHUB, Francis had acquired four decades of work experience in the Information & Communication Technology (ICT) companies serving key customers in a wide range of industries. He is a seasoned strategic consultant, business advisor and senior manager with hands-on experience. Francis has held many different senior manager positions within MNC organizations and corporations over the last few decades.
MSc in Skills & Workforce Development
BSc in Computer Information System
Diploma in Adult Continuing Education (DACE)
Advance Certificate in Training & Assessment (ACTA)
Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection (Singapore) 2020 – PDPC
Mr Loh Yong Chye
Mr Loh Yong Chye, Adjunct Lecturer, is currently the CEO and Co-founder of ACT:DPI Pte Ltd. He is concurrently an adult educator specializing in PDPA training. He holds an Advanced Certificate in Learning & Performance (ACLP) and is a Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)1.
Yong Chye was the Chief trainer for the SG United Skills Programme for Data Protection Officer (SGUS-DPO). This programme was a collaboration between ACT:DPI and NTUC LearningHub. Since March 2021, 38 PMETs had undergone 6-month programme to become DPOs. He specialises in DP training and has taught close to 1,000 trainees to date on PDPA.
Yong Chye was the Deputy Director (DP Ecosystem) with the Personal Data Protection Commission from Jan 2013 to Dec 2019. Notable achievements during his 7-year stint in PDPC included:
- Successful rollout of both the “Fundamentals of the PDPA” course and the “Practitioner Certificate for Personal Data Protection (Singapore)” preparatory course and examination module;
- Completion of the DPO competency framework and training roadmap, which was officially launched by the Minister of Communications and Information in Jul 2019;
- Development of multiple DP tools, resources and services to help organisations, especially SMEs and non-profit organisations seeking to comply with the PDPA; and
- Having led the DPO team responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of the DP policies and procedures within the PDPC, as well as, the communications and outreach team to create awareness of, and promote compliance to, the PDPA in the initial years.
Prior to joining the PDPC, Yong Chye did a 4-year overseas stint with the IDA International (a subsidiary of then-IDA) where he provided eGov consulting services to the governments of Bhutan, Trinidad and Tobago and Moldova.
In the earlier years of his career at the then-IDA, he was the divisional head in charge of organisation development and excellence, and an IT manager of a government agency.
1 awarded by Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG) and the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) respectively.
Insight from the Facilitator
“As organisations embark on their digital transformation journey, there is an increasing recognition of the immense value associated with the way personal data of customers is being used and managed.
Organisations must take responsibility and demonstrate that they are able to handle personal data under their custody in a responsible manner. This accountability-based approach in managing the personal data of customers behoves upon the organisation to be able to put in place the appropriate data protection governance structure, policies and practices.”
Loh Yong Chye
Total Nett Programme Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes
Participants must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components to be eligible for SSG funding.
To enquire, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To register, click Register
For members of public and NUS Alumnus (without R&G Voucher), please follow the steps below:
Select Short Course / Modular Course -> Apply for Myself -> Browse Academic Modules / Short Courses-> Module/Course Category -> Short Courses -> Browse Courses-> Advanced Computing for Exe (Faculty/Department / Unit)
Please download the user guide for NUS Online Application Portal after you click ‘Apply for Myself’ if you need assistance.
Insights from Participants
Great introduction course for PDPA obligations!
Senior Property Executive
Yong Chye is a good instructor. Topics are communicated clearly and queries are addressed.
Information Security Analyst
Very useful course. Not boring and precise.
Ng Chu Nan
Course Fee Breakdown
Singapore Citizens39 years old or younger
Singapore Citizen40 years old or older