Managing Change for Digital Transformations
Date: On Demand
Duration: 3 Days
This is a 3-day hands-on course that prepares technology and business leaders to plan, drive and navigate change for digital transformation across the organisation. It will provide participants with a robust framework to systematically identify areas requiring change management when navigating digital transformation.
Through interactive experiential learning and peer-to-peer sharing, participants will be guided to develop insights on how to manage their organisation’s transformation journey. By applying the framework to their insights, they will be able to develop a tailored and robust change plan to address today’s issues and also prepare their organisation for change in the horizon.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Assess their current organisation’s preparedness for the changes ahead
- Identify potential people-related risk areas
- Gain key insights on their organisational change journey
- Apply proven change design approaches to increase buy-in
- Make environmental adjustments to drive and imbue change
- Develop a tailored transformation change plan
- Understand how change has been typically managed in projects and how it needs to be different for digital transformation
- Understand various models of change, tactics and tools used to drive and implement change
- Identify current organisation’s pain points and identify potential risk areas and sources of resistance
- Define desired end goal
- Understand how transformational change and digitalisation initiatives require different change management approaches
- Understand difference between agile change management and waterfall-approach traditional change management
- Assess your organisation-specific digital transformation change challenges
- Learn ways to enable mindset shifts and increase stakeholder buy-in
- Utilise project-specific techniques and tools to support change such as stakeholder engagement and impact analysis
- Understand the framework that is required to ensure change and value is sustained and embedded in an organisation
- Create a plan to build change competencies within the organisation across all levels and build internal coalition that supports your initiatives
- Practice application through simulation exercises and short case studies
- Develop your Organisation-Specific Change Experience and Implementation Plan
- Develop an integrated change plan to drive change across the organisation before, during and after transition
- Review and critically assess plan: Recognise potential challenges and develop mitigating measures
Who Should Attend
Technology and Business Leaders who are interested to learn how to plan, drive and navigate change for digital transformation.
Participants who are currently or about to undergo a digital transformation in their organisation.
(Click their photos to view their short biographies)
Dr Yong Hsin Ning
Dr Yong Hsin Ning is an adventurer.
In her 25 years of career, she has experienced the joy (and woes) of being a tax accountant, a management consultant, adult student, an entrepreneur and an educator.
She is currently the co-founder of Change Voyage Consulting, a consulting firm dedicated to help companies manage organisational change through change capability building. She has recently started a second venture, The Biz Lab, which is a consulting firm focused on preparing early-stage startups to grow and scale sustainably.
Hsin Ning is also an Adjunct faculty at the Lee Kong Chian School of Business in the Singapore Management University (SMU). She teaches a variety of business courses to undergraduate students, entrepreneurs and matured SME business owners seeking their next S curve.
Hsin Ning has been recognised for her passion in teaching through multiple awards including the SMU School of Business Top Adjunct Faculty Award (2018-2021). She has recently been nominated for the SMU-X Excellent Teacher Award (2021).
Hsin Ning graduated from Nanyang Technological University with a Bachelor of Accountancy. She subsequently pursued her interest in the field of Organisational Behaviour at the University of New South Wales, where she obtained a Masters in Commerce specialising in Organisation and Management Studies. She continued her lifelong learning journey by pursuing a Ph.D. in General Management at SMU where she studied the decision-making anomaly of part-time knowledge workers voluntarily working overtime.
Ms Cheryl Tang
Ms Cheryl Tang has over 14 years of change management, organization design and learning and performance management experience. She has managed corporate universities for clients in the region, leading development of curriculum, design and delivery of programmes to support performance. She has also been involved in large Business Transformation projects, involving business process re-engineering and systems related change. She has journeyed with clients to prepare their organizations for change and enable business readiness.
Most recently, Cheryl has led two philanthropic foundations as Foundation Director and currently serves on the Board of various non-profit organizations, helping to drive their social impact through strategic planning.
She has a Masters in Philosophy from the National University of Singapore (NUS) and has taught Philosophy at NUS and Non-Profit Leadership at the Singapore Management University.
Ms Stacey Huang
Ms Stacey Huang is the Co-founder and Director of Change Voyage Consulting, a consulting firm which provides tailored solutions in the areas of organisational and individual change. She specializes in organizational psychology and applies her specialization to support organisations undergoing business and digital transformations. She has 11 years of experience managing large scale change and culture programs in industries such as Defence, FMCG, Healthcare, Insurance and Energy. Stacey is also the Executive Director for PARIMA, a not-for-profit association for risk managers across Asia Pacific focusing on risk, crisis and emergency response.
Stacey has a double degree in Bachelor of Psychology and Bachelor of Business Management from the Singapore Management University (SMU). She has attained 3 years consecutive Dean’s list (2005, 2006, 2007) and graduated with Magna Cum Laude. Stacey also has a Msc. Industrial and Organisational Psychology/ Business Psychology from the University College London (UCL), London.
Total Nett Programme Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes
Participants must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components to be eligible for SSG funding.
NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to S$250 each year (or up to S$500 for NTUC members aged 40 years old and above) when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP (Union Training Assistance Programme). Please visit e2i’s website to find out more.
To enquire, email email@example.com
To register, click Register
TGS-2020506064 (Classroom Learning)
TGS-2020503099 (Synchronous e-Learning)
Select Short Course / Modular Course -> Apply for Myself -> Browse Academic Modules / Short Courses-> Module/Course Category -> Short Courses -> Browse Courses-> Strategic Tech Mgt Institute (Faculty/Department / Unit)
Please download the user guide for NUS Online Application Portal after you click ‘Apply for Myself’ if you need assistance.
Course Fee Breakdown
Singapore Citizens39 years old or younger
Singapore Citizen40 years old or older