Making Contracts Smart with Blockchain
Date: 7 Jun 2023 | 9am-5.30pm | Online
Duration: 1 Day
This course equips participants with the knowledge and skills to apply Blockchain and Smart Contracts principles for real estates, wallets and international payments. Understanding and mastering Blockchain would be a necessary skill for working professionals in this digital age. Explore ways for business contracts to be created and transferred digitally. Introduce simple and effective strategies to combine both legal and smart agreements in one cohesive process. This course teaches the participants the basics of blockchain and smart contract technology. At the end of the course, participants will understand how blockchain works, especially in smart contracts.
This course is part of the NUS FinTech SG Programme.
- On completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Understand the structure, design and functionality of blockchain
- Evaluate where blockchain can be applied and its limitations
- Understand what smart contract is and how to design, code, deploy and execute a smart contract
- Understand the security considerations and best practices in writing a smart ctcontra
- Review of Blockchain
- What is solidity
- Understand the design and functionality
- DApps (Decentralized Applications)
- Installing the Development environment – Ethereum Client – Remix, MetaMask, Truffle framework
- Solidity Basics
- Solidity in depth
- Deploying the smart contract
- Security Considerations and best practices
Who Should Attend
Students interested in learning blockchain, smart contract and payments.
No prerequisites required.
(Click their photos to view their short biographies)
Mr Phil A. Woods
Mr Phil A. Woods
Mr Phil A. Woods is the Founder and CEO of the Abele Group, a Singapore based fintech firm focused on delivering advanced technological solutions in financial services. He teaches courses on Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology use cases through the NUS Fintech Lab. Prior to the Abele Group, Phil spent 15 years working in financial services at UBS Investment Bank and Citigroup in Markets businesses. Phil is a graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point where he studied History and Civil Engineering. Phil served as a US Army Aviation Officer prior to embarking upon a corporate career.
Total Nett Programme Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes
Participants must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components to be eligible for SSG funding.
To enquire, email email@example.com
To register, click Register
Course Fee Breakdown
Singapore Citizens39 years old or younger
Singapore Citizen40 years old or older