Duration: 3 Days
Logistics with the advent of e-Commerce has evolved into a very agile, personalized and efficient logistics chain. End to end, from Supply to demand.
Healthcare Supply Logistics presents similar challenges as we need to personalized to each patient and be efficient to support a hospital. Similarly, we are defining various patient journeys for the purpose of creating an efficient and effective care delivery at home, community, primary care and tertiary facilities. Using the tools developed in logistics, Patient Journeys can be mapped out and optimized using logistics principles and technology.
This module is part of Professional Certificate in Digital Health Informatics and Healthcare Logistics.
Participant will be introduced to key logistics technologies and how they can be adapted for healthcare supply chain and patient journeys optimization.
- Participants will understand some of the tools that are use in Logistics. Together with the introduction to process mapping, they will be able to map healthcare processes and patient journeys
- Participants will be able to use the knowledge of the logistics industry to map and optimized their clinical, patient journeys and care processes.
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management (time and motion study)
- 3 case study on how technology has improve supply chain
- Impact of technology in recent development
- Mobile / personal device
- Edge devices: Barcodes, QR
- Cloud Services
- Data & Analytics
- Precision targeting
- Real time information
- Customer focus
- IoT Information
- Healthcare supply chain
- Drugs & Consumable
- Patient journey @ home
- Out-patient journey
- In-patient journey
- Sterile supply management
- Patient bed management
- Models and principle of SCM that can be adapted to healthcare
- Participant workshop to identify 3 journeys for brainstorming and design
- Introduction to design thinking and process automation
- Introduction to data tools and analytics
- Application workshop to 3 identifies journey
- Business analytics and data visualization
- Identify information and data
- ‘How to’ use these information
- Exercise to use tools
- Process improvements
- Data integration:
- To/From ERP
- To/From IoT
- To/From EMR
- To/From partners, suppliers
- To/From stakeholders / patients
- Cybersecurity and privacy
Who Should Attend
- Healthcare informatics, IT, Nurses, supporting staff and healthcare software providers
- Nursing and clinical employees who are responsible for improving, clinical, patients and delivery processes
At least a polytechnic diploma.
(Click their photos to view their short biographies)
Mr Teo Chin Seng
Mr Teo Chin Seng is an experience Senior Technology Executive with more than 33 years of experience, working in the Asia Pacific (Singapore), China, Middle East and USA (LA).
Chin Seng last appointment was the Senior VP of Global IT in DP World. He was leading the digitalization of DP World through the implementation of a Global Digital platform that serves our 78 terminals in 40 countries.
He has been in senior management roles for the last 22 years, leading and transforming organizations through technology. He is a thought leader in the use of technology to transform companies towards greater efficiencies and transforming new business models. His experience spans across Healthcare Industry, Manufacturing, FMCG, distribution Logistics, Free Trade Zones, Customs, Regulatory controls and Maritime Logistics.
In the age of digitalization of Business, it is about transforming to deliver business value:
Business Digitalization, Business Transformation, and Process Re-engineering
The product, Process and Service innovation, and
Achieving business values, improving operations’ efficiencies and creating greater delights in customers’ processes.
Future and Smart City Research and Development. Research and Development of Technology Solutions of Intelligent Cities through different Social-Psychology Profiles, People Behaviors, Person lifecycle and changing needs and social acceptance of solutions.
As a successful practitioner, a thought leader and a technology/ business evangelist, Chin Seng have successful lead and delivers the use of new developments in technology and businesses, to present value, relevance and instills a strong sense of confidence for businesses to execute and implement.
Total Nett Programme Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes
Participants must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components to be eligible for SSG funding.
To enquire, email email@example.com
To register, click Register
Select Short Course / Modular Course -> Apply for Myself -> Browse Academic Modules / Short Courses-> Module/Course Category -> Short Courses -> Browse Courses-> Advanced Computing for Exe (Faculty/Department / Unit)
Please download the user guide for NUS Online Application Portal after you click ‘Apply for Myself’ if you need assistance.
Course Fee Breakdown
Singapore Citizens39 years old or younger
Singapore Citizen40 years old or older