Date: 1 Mar 2024 | 9am – 6.30pm | Classroom Learning
Duration: 1 Day
A new and breakthrough approach – Professional Certificate in Leading Digital Transformation the holistic way is a unique combination of relevant theory and practical insights that differentiates it from other digital transformation programmes:
• Provides an umbrella method that unifies existing practices (e.g., Design Thinking, Agile 2, Business Model Canvas, etc.) into a holistic approach for C-suite Leaders.
• Creates a common language and culture that breaks down organisational silos. Focuses on “How you should transform” vs just Why and What.
• Avoids a lopsided technology and solution focus that plagues other programmes.
This course utilises the customer and business dimensions from Module 1 and the capabilities, people and leadership dimensions from Module 2, to achieve a holistic approach to digital transformation.
Participants will practice utilising a holistic approach encompassing the customer, business, capabilities and people & leadership capabilities and the 19 elements covered in modules 1 and 2 to iterate their business use case and receive hands-on and practical lessons in iterating their use cases. This course leverages systems thinking applications to create business insights and business opportunities development. It also teaches participants to appreciate how the interactions between elements and dimensions can affect change management and continuous improvement management. Not controlling these inter-dependencies and iterations is one of the leading causes of transformation failure in VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous) situations.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Differentiate between a holistic approach and why it is crucial for success in transformation
• Experience and utilise practical approaches to refine your desirability (customer dimension) and viability (business dimension) by leveraging systems thinking
• Understand how to put all the levers or elements together for your transformation and raise your probability of success.
• Practice the holistic approach and experience the complexity caused by interactions between dimensions and elements and why it is crucial to complex transformation success.
• Practice systems thinking.
• Practice mastering considerations and learning to manage circular interactions
• Understand and practice business opportunity development using a holistic approach that looks simultaneously at customers, business, capabilities and people and leadership that results in the creation of a strong and desirable customer value proposition, a viable business model, and a practical and feasible set of enablers, talent and leadership to aid the execution of the transformation.
- At least 5 years experience in management and leadership positions
- University degree in any discipline
- Module 1: Digital Transformation – Customer Value and Business Model
- Module 2: Digital Transformation – Enablers, Talent and Leadership
(Click photos to view biographies)
Dr Dennis Khoo
Dr Dennis Khoo is an accomplished digital business leader, author and speaker in innovation and leadership. Armed with dual experience in Information Technology and Banking, he has a unique advantage in developing and executing strategies for the transformation of businesses in a digital world.
Dennis is author of the bestselling book Driving Digital Transformation in which he describes his experience leading complex digital transformations and the playbook he created (“TaP”) to significantly raise the probability of success of complex digital transformations.
Dennis was a senior banker who had previously run billion dollar businesses as head of consumer banking for Standard Chartered Bank and UOB in Singapore. He was responsible for many of the innovations in the consumer banking industry in Singapore, such as e$aver, XtraSaver (Winner of Asian Banker Best Deposit Linked account in 2007), Retail Bonds, Step-up time deposit, Pay-Any-Card (Winner of Asian Banker Best Payment Product in 2011), 15% Dining Cashback everywhere, 2-day Mortgage Service Guarantee, UOB Income Builder, One Account and UOB Mighty App. Dennis has hands-on experience in every product area in consumer banking and was previously CEO-Designate in one of the consortiums bidding for the digital bank wholesale license in Singapore.
A digital bank pioneer in ASEAN, Dennis was global head of TMRW Digital Group (UOB’s Millennial digital bank), where he was responsible for the strategy, growth and delivery of the TMRW Digital Bank. The first TMRW Digital Bank went live in Thailand in 2019, and the second in Indonesia in 2020. TMRW won Global Finance Most Innovative Digital Bank in Asia Pacific in 2019. Dennis also led the joint venture initiatives into FinTech like Avatec.ai and VUI Pte Ltd as part of the ecosystem to support the growth of TMRW.
Dennis is a WABC (Worldwide Association of Business Coaches) Registered Corporate Coach, a certified Gallup Strengths coach, and accredited in Harrison Assessment Employee Development. Dennis has mentored and coached many successful executives in his long career.
Dennis received his Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical and Electronics Engineering) and MBA from the National University of Singapore. He also has a Master in Business Research and PhD from the University of Western Australia. He has attended the Digital Business Leaders Program (DBLP) in Columbia University, New York.
Mr Choi Jungkiu
Mr Choi Jungkiu is the Manager Director and Partner of the Boston Consulting Group. He is a member of the Financial Institutions practice at BCG specialising in strategy, transformation, business development/M&A/PMI, sales force productivity, and operations improvements. He leads marketing for the firm in Southeast Asia. Recently, Jungkiu has been focusing on digital banking/challenger bank build, coalition loyalty, bank tech/digital transformation, corporate governance/conglomerate strategy, and executive coaching/development.
He has built a number of digital banking channels and digital challenger banks as well as coalition loyalty programs in Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, Singapore, and Southeast Asia; and has led numerous bank tech/digital transformations, and built conglomerate digital ecosystems across Greater China and Southeast Asia.
Prior to joining BCG, Jungkiu worked as Director of Corporate Strategy and Management Development at NURI Management; Head of Financial Institutions Practice Asia Pacific at Kearney; and Group Head of Strategy/Business Development/Reengineering at Standard Chartered Bank.
Jungkiu has a Bachelor of Arts in International Economics from Seoul National University and MBA in Finance from University of California, Berkeley, Walter A. Haas School of Business.
Total Nett Programme Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes
Participants must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components to be eligible for SSG funding.
To enquire, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To register, click Register
TGS-2023035935 (Classroom Learning)
Course Fee Breakdown
Singapore Citizens39 years old or younger
Singapore Citizen40 years old or older