Developers Toolkit Part 1: Connecting the Frontend
Dates: 5 Sep, 12 Sep 2023 | 9am-5.30pm | Online
Duration: 2 Days
This course trains participants in:
- Basics of frontend and backend development, UI/UX design principles and responsive web UI design. Understanding the ecosystem of NodeJS to build server-side apps.
- Understanding the fundamentals of the data structures, core principles of coding, code complexity and learn concepts behind Arrays, Linked lists, hash tables, stacks and queues. The contents will be delivered in an interactive and engaging ‘code-with-the-instructor’ approach.
This course is part of the NUS FinTech SG Programme.
This course will equip learners with the following competencies.
- Understand and appreciate web application architecture and technologies
- Develop static web pages using HTML
- Style the web pages using CSS and CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap, Material UI
- Make web pages responsive to different screen sizes from mobile and desktop to large TV screens.
- Understand DOM (Document Object Model)
- Connect Frontend to Backend application and make calls to Backend RESTful API for dynamic data.
- Develop dynamic web pages
- Plot various types of Charts on the webpage for data visualisation using JS libraries such as Plotly, Charts.JS and D3.JS.
- Understand frontend frameworks, ReactJS, ReactJS lifecycle events and build modern Single Page React JS applications.
- Style React JS applications with CSS frameworks such as React-Bootstrap and Material UI
(Click their photos to view their short biographies)
Dr Lek Hsiang Hui
Dr Lek Hsiang Hui
Dr Lek Hsiang Hui is a Specialist in Data Analytics, System Analysis and Development. He is an IT techie who is passionate about computer systems and technology.
He is involved in a few startups and is constantly looking into innovative IT solutions which can be translated to business ideas, with the recent one in the area of Big Data Analytics. He is also a mobile application developer and has produced more than 10 mobile apps.
Dr Lek has been teaching various undergraduate courses and executive courses in National University of Singapore (NUS) since 2006. Some of these modules include programming methodology, enterprise system analysis and development, and data mining. During this period, he has won a number of teaching awards such as NUS Annual Teaching Excellence Award (2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18) and NUS Annual Teaching Excellence Honor Roll (2018/19), Faculty Teaching Excellence Award (2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17), and Faculty Teaching Excellence Award Honor Roll (2017/18).
Dr Lek received his Doctor of Philosophy (Information Systems) from NUS in 2013. His research area is in Natural Language Processing (Sentiment Analysis). He graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree (1st class Honors) in Computer Engineering from NUS.
Shopping Malls (UOL, Marina Square, ION), Healthcare (SingHealth), Government (STB), various SMEs in F&B, Apparels, Cleaning Solutions, Photography, Health Products, Baby Products
Total Nett Programme Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes
Participants must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components to be eligible for SSG funding.
To enquire, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To register, click Register
Course Fee Breakdown
Singapore Citizens39 years old or younger
Singapore Citizen40 years old or older