Date: 6 Oct, 7 Oct 2022 | 9am-5.30pm | Online
Duration: 2 Days
Data gathering and requirements discovery describes the work of a UX Designer to identify, understand and expand on the requirements of the stakeholders, survey the marketplace for current practices that best approximate the requirements so as to uncover gaps in needs fulfilment, and create recommendations to address the gaps, all within the political, social, economic and technological constraints. This course teaches the above that encompasses such tasks.
This module is part of Professional Certificate in User Experience Design.
The course provides the participant with the knowledge and skills to:
- Perform the various techniques in Requirements Discovery. They include: Analysis of Stakeholders, Evaluation of Claims of current practice, as well as the broader practices of Contextual Inquiry.
- Generate UX recommendations based on processes, policies, and people via the creation of Personas, Problem Scenarios and Use Case Definitions.
- Package and present the UX recommendations within the political, social, economic, and technological constraints.
Who Should Attend
Must have taken and passed
- “Introduction to UXD” course and
- “Designing for Experiences by crafting appropriate Cognitive, Social and Motional Events” course or
- 1-year of experience in Service/System Design and/or customer/client-facing roles.
- Good English proficiency.
- Has an understanding of UX Design is, as well as the the role of a UX Designer in the system development life cycle, including the skillsets a UX Designer must have to perform UX Design.
- Understands how cognition, attention, memory and mental models are important for UX Design
- Understands how Perception, Emotion and Sensation make up an Experience, and what can be done to influence the sentiments produced by such experiences.
- Is able to design appropriate Cognitive, Social, and Emotional interactions to achieve the intended effects of influencing Experience.
(Click their photos to view their short biographies)
Dr Lu Weiquan
Dr Lu Weiquan is a Senior Lecturer at the School of Computing in NUS who examines the User Experience (UX) Design of technologically-empowered learning environments. He designs and utilizes experiential learning technology (such as simulations, Augmented and Virtual Reality) in the courses he teaches, and his education research interests include figuring out how all this technology tangibly and measurably affects human learning using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. He also advises the government in the fields of UX design and experiential learning, and he develops Metaverse applications for industry clients. He holds a B.Comp. in Computing and a Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from NUS.
Total Nett Programme Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes
Participants must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components to be eligible for SSG funding.
To enquire, email email@example.com
To register, click Register
TGS-2022012334 (Classroom Learning)
For members of public and NUS Alumnus (without R&G Voucher), please follow the steps below:
Select Short Course / Modular Course -> Apply for Myself -> Browse Academic Modules / Short Courses-> Module/Course Category -> Short Courses -> Browse Courses-> Strategic Tech Mgt Institute (Faculty/Department / Unit)
Please download the user guide for NUS Online Application Portal after you click ‘Apply for Myself’ if you need assistance.
Course Fee Breakdown
Singapore Citizens39 years old or younger
Singapore Citizen40 years old or older