Data Breach Management
Date: 5 Sep, 6 Sep 2022 | 9am-6pm | Online
Duration: 2 Days
With more business pushing for digital transformation, there is a greater need for stronger Data Protection (DP) capability in businesses. Professionals and executives who are appointed as the Data Protection Officer (DPO) need to be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to carry out their functions in order to comply with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA).
Organisations need to adopt a “not ‘if’ but ‘when'” approach when it comes to data breaches. The DPO will need to help the organisation to develop a data breach management plan so that the organisation is able to respond to such an incident should it happens.
This module is part of Professional Certificate in Governance, Risk & Data Breach Management.
This course will equip the participants with the knowledge on:
- Data breach cases in Singapore
- Preventive measures to protect personal data
- How to prepare a data breach management plan
- How to train staff to detect and report data breaches
- How to respond to a data breach incident using the CARE framework advocated by the regulatory body
Who Should Attend
Data Protection Officer
- Data Protection Officers, Managers and Executives who are involved in data protection initiatives.
- At least a polytechnic diploma with more than 8 years’ experience.
(Click their photos to view their short biographies)
Mr Francis Yeo
Mr Francis Yeo is currently the Chief Partnership Officer and Co-founder of ACT:DPI Pte Ltd. He holds an Associate Adult Educator (AAE) status with IAL/SUSS with professional qualification of ACTA & DACE with academic qualification of a BSc in CIS and a MSc in SWD.
Francis is a Certified Information Privacy Managers (CIPM) where he can deliver advisory and training services for data protection. Concurrently, Francis is an Associate Career Coach with NTUC e2i and SIM on a part-time basis to advise clients on their career path and assist them in employment services.
During his 8-year service as a General Manager with NTUC LearningHub (LHUB) from Feb 2013 to August 2020, he lead the LHUB team in the Data Protection projects that included but not limited to the following:
- To the successful launch of 18 NICF ICT courses under WDA/MDA in late 2013. Those ICT courses covered cyber-security, network management & database management for ICT professional critical towards data protection approach.
- Successful secured the appointment by PDPC for LHUB to deliver the “Fundamentals of the PDPA” course at the initial launch in 2014.
- In 2018, LHUB team won the bid from PDPC to the design, develop and manage the examination system for the “Practitioner Certificate for Personal Data Protection (Singapore)”.
- Started collaboration with PDPC towards the courseware development for the DPO competency framework and training roadmap, which was officially launched by the Minister of Communications and Information in July 2019.
Since 1978, prior to joining LHUB, Francis had acquired four decades of work experience in the Information & Communication Technology (ICT) companies serving key customers in a wide range of industries. He is a seasoned strategic consultant, business advisor and senior manager with hands-on experience. Francis has held many different senior manager positions within MNC organizations and corporations over the last few decades.
MSc in Skills & Workforce Development
BSc in Computer Information System
Diploma in Adult Continuing Education (DACE)
Advance Certificate in Training & Assessment (ACTA)
Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection (Singapore) 2020 – PDPC
Mr Loh Yong Chye
Mr Loh Yong Chye is currently the CEO and Co-founder of ACT:DPI Pte Ltd. He is concurrently an adult educator specializing in PDPA training. He holds an Advanced Certificate in Learning & Performance (ACLP) and is a Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)1.
Yong Chye was the Chief trainer for the SG United Skills Programme for Data Protection Officer (SGUS-DPO). This programme was a collaboration between ACT:DPI and NTUC LearningHub. Since March 2021, 38 PMETs had undergone 6-month programme to become DPOs. He specialises in DP training and has taught close to 1,000 trainees to date on PDPA.
Yong Chye was the Deputy Director (DP Ecosystem) with the Personal Data Protection Commission from Jan 2013 to Dec 2019. Notable achievements during his 7-year stint in PDPC included:
- Successful rollout of both the “Fundamentals of the PDPA” course and the “Practitioner Certificate for Personal Data Protection (Singapore)” preparatory course and examination module;
- Completion of the DPO competency framework and training roadmap, which was officially launched by the Minister of Communications and Information in Jul 2019;
- Development of multiple DP tools, resources and services to help organisations, especially SMEs and non-profit organisations seeking to comply with the PDPA; and
- Having led the DPO team responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of the DP policies and procedures within the PDPC, as well as, the communications and outreach team to create awareness of, and promote compliance to, the PDPA in the initial years.
Prior to joining the PDPC, Yong Chye did a 4-year overseas stint with the IDA International (a subsidiary of then-IDA) where he provided eGov consulting services to the governments of Bhutan, Trinidad and Tobago and Moldova.
In the earlier years of his career at the then-IDA, he was the divisional head in charge of organisation development and excellence, and an IT manager of a government agency.
1 awarded by Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG) and the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) respectively.
Total Nett Programme Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes
Participants must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components to be eligible for SSG funding.
To enquire, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To register, click Register
TGS-2022012326 (Classroom Learning)
TGS-2022012326 (Synchronous e-learning)
For members of public and NUS Alumnus (without R&G Voucher), please follow the steps below:
Select Short Course / Modular Course -> Apply for Myself -> Browse Academic Modules / Short Courses-> Module/Course Category -> Short Courses -> Browse Courses-> Strategic Tech Mgt Institute (Faculty/Department / Unit)
Please download the user guide for NUS Online Application Portal after you click ‘Apply for Myself’ if you need assistance.
Course Fee Breakdown
Singapore Citizens39 years old or younger
Singapore Citizen40 years old or older