Date: On Demand
Duration: 20 Days
This APC will equip learners with the following competencies
- Articulating basic definitions and applications of AI and Machine Learning.
- Understanding the AI/ML approaches and constraints, and how AI/ML algorithms work.
- Learning how to use Rapidminer to implement Machine Learning modules.
- Learning Python for the development of simple ML modules.
- Articulating Natural Language Processing basics.
- Acquire basic to advanced deep learning knowledge and understand their strengths and constraints, and their applications in different businesses.
- Have basic skills in using deep learning algorithms to implement simple Natural Learning Processing (NLP) systems.
Job Role Readiness
It will prepare learners in the following job roles to perform their responsibilities more effectively:
- AI and Machine Learning executives / Engineers
- Business/Industry transformers – Business advisors/analysts
- ICT engineers, technicians, and executives
- Data analysts / Business Analysts
Who Should Attend
- All businesses and industries that would like to employ AI and Machine Learning professionals.
- All businesses and industries that are going to transform their business model into an AI-driven one.
- IT Professionals who plan to be AI/ML Engineers and Data Analysts.
- Novice and mid-career job seekers who would like to join AI/ML teams.
At least a polytechnic diploma (or equivalent)
(Click their photos to view their short biographies)
Assoc Prof Danny Poo
Assoc Prof Danny Poo brings with him 35 years of Software Engineering and Information Technology and Management experience. A graduate from the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST), England, Dr Poo is currently an Associate Professor at the Department of Information Systems and Analytics, National University of Singapore. Prior to joining the University, Dr Poo was with the System Operations at DBSBank, Singapore.
A Steering Committee member of the Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference, Dr Poo is actively involved in Information Management and Healthcare Analytics research. A well-known speaker in seminars, Dr Poo has conducted numerous in-house training and consultancy for organizations, both locally and regionally. Dr Poo is the author of 5 books on Object-Oriented Software Engineering, Java Programming language and Enterprise JavaBeans.
Dr Poo notable teaching credentials include:
- Data Strategy
- Data StoryTelling
- Data Visualisation
- Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Data Management
- Data Governance
- Data Architecture
- Capstone Projects for Business Analytics
- Software Engineering
- Server-side Systems Design and Development
- Information Technology Project Management
- Health Informatics
- Healthcare Analytics
- Health Informatics Leadership.
- Deutsche Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- ST Electronic
- Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Infocomm Development Authority
- National Library Board
- Ministry of Manpower
- Nanyang Technological University
- Nanyang Polytechnic
- National University Hospital.
Dr Ai Xin
Dr Ai Xin is currently a Lecturer with the School of Computing at the National University of Singapore (NUS). She has many years’ experience on teaching Artificial Intelligence and Data Science courses, e.g. machine learning, deep learning, data mining and etc.
She graduated from NUS with a PhD degree on Electrical and Computer Engineering. Her research focused on Game Theoretical Modelling, Optimization Methods, Algorithm Design and Wireless Networks.
She worked in BHP Billiton Marketing Asia for eight years and gained a lot of industry experience through different functions, e.g. risk management, supply chain management, sales and marketing planning and etc.
Dr Amirhassan Monajemi
Dr Amirhassan Monajemi is a Senior Lecturer in AI and Machine Learning with the School of Computing (SoC) at the National University of Singapore (NUS). Prior to SoC, he was a Senior Lecturer in NUS School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (SCALE) teaching AI and Data Science to adult learners. Before joining the NUS, he was with the Faculty of Computer Engineering, University of Isfahan, Iran, where he was serving as a professor of AI, Machine Learning, and Data Science. He was born in Isfahan, Iran. He studied towards BSc and MSc in Computer Engineering at Isfahan University of Technology (IUT), and Shiraz University respectively. He got his PhD in computer engineering, pattern recognition and image processing, from the University of Bristol, Bristol, England, in 2005. His research interests include AI, Machine Learning, Machine Vision, IoT, Data Science, and their applications.
He has taught the artificial intelligence courses, including AI, Advanced AI, Expert Systems, Decision Support Systems, Neural Networks, and Cognitive Science since 2005 at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. He was awarded the best university teacher of the province in 2012. He also has studied Learning Management Systems, E-Learning, and E-Learning for workplaces since 2007.
Dr Monajemi has registered a few patents in the fields of AI, Machine Vision, and Signal Processing applications, including an AI and machine vision-based driver drowsiness detection system and a low power consuming spherical robot. He also has published more than a hundred research papers in peer-reviewed, indexed journals and international conferences (IEEE, Elsevier, Springer, and so on), and supervised several Data Science, IoT, and AI industrial projects in various scales, including Isfahan intelligent traffic system delivery and testing, and red light runners detection. He is experienced in different sub-domains of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, from theory to practice, including Deep Learning, Logic, and Optimisation.
Dr Lek Hsiang Hui
Dr Lek Hsiang Hui is a Specialist in Data Analytics, System Analysis and Development. He is an IT techie who is passionate about computer systems and technology.
He is involved in a few startups and is constantly looking into innovative IT solutions which can be translated to business ideas, with the recent one in the area of Big Data Analytics. He is also a mobile application developer and has produced more than 10 mobile apps.
Dr Lek has been teaching various undergraduate courses and executive courses in National University of Singapore (NUS) since 2006. Some of these modules include programming methodology, enterprise system analysis and development, and data mining. During this period, he has won a number of teaching awards such as NUS Annual Teaching Excellence Award (2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18) and NUS Annual Teaching Excellence Honor Roll (2018/19), Faculty Teaching Excellence Award (2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17), and Faculty Teaching Excellence Award Honor Roll (2017/18).
Dr Lek received his Doctor of Philosophy (Information Systems) from NUS in 2013. His research area is in Natural Language Processing (Sentiment Analysis). He graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree (1st class Honors) in Computer Engineering from NUS.
Shopping Malls (UOL, Marina Square, ION), Healthcare (SingHealth), Government (STB), various SMEs in F&B, Apparels, Cleaning Solutions, Photography, Health Products, Baby Products
Stage 1: Professional Certificate in AI & Machine Learning Basics
- AI and Machine Learning Begins With Me
- Octave Programming for AI, Machine Learning and Data Anlaytics
- Applied Artificial Intelligence
- Introduction to Rapidminer
Stage 2 (with Stage 1 as prerequisite): Professional Certificate in Applied Machine Learning
- Python Programming
- Applied Machine Learning
- Business Intelligentisation Using Machine Learning and Rapidminer
Stage 3 (with Stage 1 and 2 as prerequisites): Professional Certificate in Text Processing
- Natural Language Processing Fundamentals
- Sentiment Analysis Fundamentals
- Deep Learning Fundamentals
- Advanced Deep Learning
Stage 4 (with Stage 1 to 3 as prerequisites): Advanced Professional Certificate in Applied Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Completion of Stage 1 to 3 curriculum earns the participant an Advanced Professional Certificate in this programme