Fintech and Digital Business
This 6-week online youth programme is specially curated for undergraduate students major in economics or finance who are interested in financial technologies (FinTech) and their application in Financial industry and business operation. The programme focuses on thematic areas of financial technology with the use of plenty real-world business cases to illustrate the design, application, risks and relevant regulatory measures of FinTech. Students will also learn to master the concepts of ‘New Ways of Working’ including Design Thinking and Lean Startup methods through hands-on problem-solving labs and are required to present a case study at the end of the course.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
• Understand the landscape of financial technologies and their applications
• Understand the fundamentals of Chatbots and Robotic Process Automation
• Understand the business parameters of Blockchain and applications of Smart Contracts
• Understand the concepts of Digital Asset Classes and new capital raising methods
• Understand Big Data and the concepts of Artificial Intelligence and its applications
• Understand how to develop a FinTech Strategy
• Understand the main concepts of ‘New Ways of Working’ and its applications
• Understand FinTech risks and regulations
TARGET AUDIENCE AND PREREQUISITES
Target audience for this course includes Year 2 and Year 3 undergraduate students major in Economics or Finance with strong desire to learn basics of financial management with professional terminology, but without jargon. Year 2 and Year 3 undergraduate students major in Economics or Finance. Students will find it beneficial to have some basic knowledge of finance and technology prior to enrolling in this course.
• FinTech introduction, chatbots and Robotic Process Automation
• Blockchain and smart contracts
• Introduction to digital asset classes and new capital raising methods
• Use of big data and artificial intelligence
• Developing a FinTech strategy and new ways of working
• Final presentation
Claudia has over 20 years of financial industry expertise in investment management, insurance and banking having worked in the U.S., U.K., Germany, The Netherlands and Singapore. She worked in various leadership roles at Standard Chartered Bank, ING, NN Group, ABN AMRO, and State Street Bank to name a few.
Since August 2022, Claudia is CEO of Germany’s very first crowdfunding platform issuing crypto securities of renewable energy projects. Claudia has been living in Singapore for 7 years where she joined Standard Chartered Bank in 2019 as Strategy & Innovation Lead building out the corporate venture arm and running entrepreneurship & innovation programs for the bank, partners and regulators. In 2021, she became Global Head of Client Experience Center where she led innovative co-creation programs with corporate clients worldwide. Claudia is a licensed instructor and expert in Human-Centred Design & Design Thinking, Lean Start-up, agile methods and a certified SCRUM Master. Since 2018, Claudia is an Adjunct Lecturer on emerging technologies, corporate innovation & entrepreneurship, digital transformation and sustainability at the National University of Singapore, and gives training to corporates and C-suite executives. She is also a guest lecturer at Singapore Management University and Singapore Academy of Law.
She enjoys working closely with startups & scale-ups focused on FinTech and Sustainability as a Non-Executive Director, board advisor and mentor. She is an investment advisor to Venture Capital funds in Europe and Singapore and a mentor & advisor to several Accelerators in Singapore, Germany, Korea and India.
Claudia holds an LL.M. degree in Chinese Business Law as well as an M.Sc. in Economics and Operations Research.