Professional Certificate in Digital Transformation – Digital Marketing and e-Commerce
Date: Digital Marketing: 10 Jan, 11 Jan, 12 Jan, 14 Jan, 17 Jan, 18 Jan 2023 | 7pm-10.45pm except for 14 Jan (10am-6.30pm) | Online
Introduction to E-Commerce: 4 Feb (10am-6.30pm), 7 Feb (7pm-10.45pm), 8 Feb (7pm-10.45pm), 9 Feb (7pm-10.45pm), 11 Feb (10am-6.30pm) 2023 | Online
Duration: 7 Days
Digitise Business Fast: Getting straight to the building blocks of digital marketing & eCommerce for your business
With the sudden need to transform digitally due to the current situation, companies do not have the luxury of time to test and experiment their digitalisation journey. Therefore, companies need to know what are key considerations for decision making in the online and ecommerce space, how to shorten execution timeline by understanding different aspects of digital marketing, and what are some key building blocks in developing their eCommerce strategy.
This course is part of the NUS Digital Transformation Programme.
In this PC, participants will learn how to grow business revenue with innovative digital marketing and e-commerce
They will learn:
- The fundamentals of digital marketing
- Overview of different aspects of digital marketing e.g.
- Paid advertising
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Sales Conversion Optimization
- Google Analytics
- The concept of Marketing Funnel
- Marketing Metrics & Campaign Evaluation
- Understand e-commerce insights and trends
- eCommerce: Brand.com vs Marketplace
- Appreciation of different eCommerce web builder platforms. E.g.
- WordPress + WooCommerce
- Appreciation of different eCommerce marketplace
At the end of the programme, the participants will be able to:
- Develop and implement a digital marketing strategy for their product lines
- Learn how to read and understand data from analytics tools and gain actionable insights to enhance their digital marketing strategy
- Develop and implement an e-commerce strategy
Job Role Readiness
It will prepare learners for the following job roles:
- Digital Marketing & E-Commerce Executive
- Digital Operations Manager
- Digital Project Manager
Experience and Impact
With increasing numbers of businesses going online and the expanding consumer appetite towards eCommerce, it begs the question:
- How are different businesses using digital marketing to grow?
- Does every business use similar strategies?
- What are the different business models out there?
- What to look out for as I scale beyond my borders?
- What is the difference when it comes to an eCommerce business, a service-based business or even an entity trying to fight for a cause?
- Should an eCommerce business focus on having its own brand.com? Would presence only on the marketplace suffice? When should we consider a hybrid approach?
If you are curious about these, you are definitely asking the right questions. In fact, these are some of the burning questions that our learners have, and you will be at the right place to find these answers.
During this programme, you will be taken on a journey to discover the many different channels and aspects of digital marketing.
The first part of this programme is meant to help you understand how each channel works, the expectations you can have for them when you use them right, the potential pitfalls to avoid and how to evaluate these campaigns. These will be substantiated with examples and case studies.
We will then be taking on a higher altitude point-of-view to look at everything in a bird’s eye view – how can different channels come together to propel your business forward and bring you across borders?
The second part of this programme will bring you deeper into eCommerce as we look into brand.com and marketplaces. There will be an exciting hands-on session where you will be building your own store on Shopee as you learn about the dos and don’ts with us.
Here you will also understand the considerations you need to look out for when deciding which platform to choose for your brand.com, whether should you go for brand.com, marketplace only or a hybrid model and much more.
Through this 2-part programme, learners get to develop a marketing mindset and learn to see the world from the lens of a marketer.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Introduction to the Digital Realm: Opportunities and Different Business Models
- Designing an Online Brand: Creating an Online Identity & Domain Selection
- Opportunities in the Digital Realm
- Marketing Fundamentals: Creating Customer Avatars & Value Proposition
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- The Starting Point: Driving Traffic with The Different Aspects of Digital Marketing
- The Starting Point: Marketing Funnel
- The Planning Phase: Budgeting
- The Planning Phase: What is Your Marketing Mechanism
- Execution & Measurement: Understanding Your Numbers
- Execution & Measurement: How to Evaluate Your Campaigns
- Other Marketing Matters: Talents & Trends
- Introduction to E-Commerce
Who Should Attend
Professionals who are moving into digital marketing and e-commerce projects & operations functions.
At least a polytechnic diploma (or equivalent) with 5 years managerial exposure
- Breakout Group Discussion
- Live Online Teaching
- Real Life Case Studies
E-commerce sales in Singapore are expected to reach US$14 billion (S$19.6 billion) by 2027 (The Straits Times, 2022)
Digital consumers in Southeast Asia are expected to account for about 88% of the population – or 402 million people – by 2027 (Meta and Bain & Company’s SYNC Southeast Asia Report 2022)
(Click their photos to view their short biographies)
Ms Audrey Ling
Ms Audrey Ling is a digital marketing practitioner-cum-mentor. She started her digital marketing journey for 7 years and started mentoring individuals and startups on driving traffic and scaling since 2018.
To date, she has taught over 1000+ learners, from technopreneurs, online business owners to digital marketers, on various different aspects of digital marketing.
She was previously mentored under 500 Startups’ (Venture Capital Firm) Distro Dojo Growth Marketing Program from Silicon Valley.
Mr Omid Abbasi
Mr Omid Abbasi is a passionate digital marketer who had helped several companies in eCommerce, online education, B2B and non-profit organization in their digital growth. He has experience in various aspects of digital marketing including Content Marketing, SEO, Landing pages, Social Media marketing and Data Analytics. He is also capable of mentoring and guiding students in learning various aspects of digital marketing and empowering them to take one step forward in their digital marketing journey.
Insights from Course Conveners
Singapore’s digital penetration rate will exceed 93% by 2025 (Statista.com, 2022). Any entity, be it commercial or non-commercial, across various industries has seen it a priority to establish a digital presence. If you are in a company or plan to start a company which intends to digitally drive sales, get leads or bring awareness, then this is a course for you to participate in.
Total Nett Programme Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes
Participants must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components to be eligible for SSG funding.
To enquire, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To register, click Register
Digital Marketing: TGS-2021007492 (Classroom Learning) / TGS-2022014564 (Synchronous e-learning)
Introduction to E-Commerce : TGS-2021007493
Select Short Course / Modular Course -> Apply for Myself -> Browse Academic Modules / Short Courses-> Module/Course Category -> Short Courses -> Browse Courses-> Advanced Computing for Exe (Faculty/Department / Unit)
Please download the user guide for NUS Online Application Portal after you click ‘Apply for Myself’ if you need assistance.
Insights from Participants
This course is helpful in preparating for a start up.
Great introductory course for beginners without any knowledge in Digital Marketing. Various concepts are taught and this will be beneficial to the participants when embarking on a career in Digital Marketing. Ms Audrey Ling is extremely knowledgeable and provided many real world examples to provide better clarity to various concepts taught.
Great place to learn Digital Marketing.
Zen Kuik Cher Nee
Very insightful course to learn about essential knowledge in Digital Marketing.
Great course which provided insights on current digital marketing technologies, trends and developments.
Good introductory course on digital marketing.
I have learnt a lot about digital marketing and Audrey had provided useful tips and tools.