Duration: 7 Days
Digitally Transform Your Organization Effectively – Get It Right!
With the sudden need to transform digitally due to the current situation, companies do not have the luxury of time to test and experiment their digitalisation journey. Therefore, companies need to know what are key considerations for decision making in the online and ecommerce space, how to shorten execution timeline by understanding different aspects of digital marketing, and what are some key building blocks in developing their eCommerce strategy.
This course is part of the NUS Digital Transformation Programme.
This programme introduces the concepts of digital transformation and maturity model.
Before an organisation is able to develop its digital capability and agility, it needs to understand the level of its digital maturity. Based on this, the organisation can then develop the roadmap to develop its digital capability.
The programme covers definitions, pitfalls and typical failure factors, digital maturity model, design thinking, user case creation and prioritization, roadmap formulation, and strategy to tap on and engage vendors. It also emphasises how to tackle the “unknown unknowns”, particularly in a rapidly changing environment and demographic configuration in Singapore.
This PC will equip learners with the following competencies:
• Cognizant of the pillars of digital transformation
• Have a good understanding of the stages of digital transformation
• Capacity to assess own organisation’s maturity stage
• Ability to identify the relevant KPIs to measure and reflect on use case implementations
• Cognizant of how to identify lighthouse projects to jumpstart digital transformation journey
• Understand the dimensions of enterprise agility
• Know what is needed to build technology capability as a core differentiator for the organisation
• Know how to develop human capital and manage talents (recruitment and retention) for a digitally charged organisation.
Job Role Readiness
Upon completion of the programme, learners should know:
• How to develop a digital transformation roadmap and measures.
• How to identify, create, and implement use cases.
• How to identify the lighthouse project.
• How to scale-up.
• How to realign the business to focus more on customer value.
• How to build a responsive and agile organisation to deal with speed and ambiguity.
• How to build next-generation technology capability as a core differentiator.
• How to uplift employee digital competencies and foster a digitally charged workplace.
It will prepare learners in the following job roles to perform their responsibilities more effectively:
• Executives and Managers who are involved (to be involved) in Digital Transformation in their organisation
• Middle to senior management executives and directors who are involved (to be involved) in championing and leading Digital Transformation in their organisation
This foundation workshop introduces the concepts of digital transformation and the maturity model. It also covers the challenges, pitfalls, and opportunities that are often encountered when companies embark on the digital transformation journey.
- Design Thinking: Creative and Strategic Business Solutions
- Digital Transformation – User Case Generation, Selection, and Prioritization
This workshop will require the involvement of functional service users, IT professionals (internal), and the digital transformation team. User case creation and prioritization, roadmap formulation, and strategy to tap on and engage vendors will be covered. The output of this workshop is a list of digital initiatives. These digital initiatives are likely to be the output of the re-imagination of digital experience and digital operations.
Note: Participants for this course would benefit more if they have attended a design thinking course before taking up this course.
This workshop targets mid- to top management. The emphasis is on how to tackle the “unknown unknowns”, particularly in a rapidly changing environment and demographic configuration in Singapore (e.g., aging population, wealth, and health disparities). Enterprise agility, capability building, competence development, and change management will be covered.
Who Should Attend
Executives and Managers who are involved (to be involved) in Digital Transformation in their organisation.
Polytechnic Diploma (or equivalent) and 5 years of working experience.
- Breakout Group Discussion
- Live Online Teaching
- Real Life Case Studies
(Click their photos to view their short biographies)
Assoc Prof Tan Chuan Hoo
Assoc Prof Tan Chuan Hoo is Associate Professor (tenured) and Deputy Head (Administration and Research) in the Department of Information Systems and Analytics, School of Computing at the National University of Singapore (NUS). He is the curriculum chair for the department. Prior to joining NUS, he held a tenured faculty position in Hong Kong. Chuan Hoo conducts research in the area of the digital economy, digitalization and future of work with a range of organisations and institutions. His work has appeared in premium journals such as MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Research, Journal of Management Information Systems, Journal of AIS, ACM Transactions on Management Information Systems, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, Journal of American Society for Information Science and Technology, Long Range Planning among many others. He has authored over 100 peer-reviewed papers (http://goo.gl/gZcd47). He serves or has served on the editorial boards of leading journals including MIS Quarterly (Associate Editor), Journal of AIS (editorial board member), IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management (editorial board members), among others. Chuan Hoo is the recipient of the INFORMS ISS Design Science Award (2013), MIS Quarterly outstanding associate editor award (2016), Journal of AIS best reviewer award (2016), and NUS School of Computing faculty teaching excellence award (2017).
Dr Guo Lei
Dr Guo Lei is an active educator and researcher in data science, behavioural study and design thinking, with extensive experience in delivering practice-based learning programmes and applied research projects with successful results.
Starting her career in Singapore as a marketing practitioner, Dr Guo worked across manufacturing, entertainment and education industries. She was the Chief Representative in China for a Singapore listed company. She was also responsible for setting up Shanghai Office and promoting executive education programmes for NUS Business School in Greater China market.
With the aspiration of bridging the gap between research and practice, Dr Guo pursued her PhD in the UK, where she worked on large-scale research projects with Cambridge University Service Alliance, BAE Systems and China Mobile.
Dr Guo returned to Singapore and joined NUS as a faculty member in 2011. She has particular experience in tackling complex challenges through applied research and education. She was the Principal Investigator for a series of research projects to inform better public transport policy decisions. She consults corporate clients on data analytics, user experience design and service innovation. Dr Guo teaches executive programmes of Data Analytics and Design Thinking at NUS. She has a passion for engaging and inspiring working professionals at all levels by applying the theory to real world business applications.
Dr Guo holds a PhD in Marketing from University of Exeter, an MBA from University of Adelaide University and a BA in Literature from Beijing Normal University.