Public Health Informatics and Telehealth: 22 Nov, 23 Nov, 24 Nov 2023 | 9am-5.30pm | Classroom Learning
Implementation of Healthcare Digitalization: Healthcare Supply Chain: TBA
Duration: 6 Days
This Professional Certificate will equip learners with the following competencies:
- Define Public Health Informatics.
- Examine need and support for Public Health Informatics.
- Identify resources available to assist in disaster or crisis communication.
- Examine key issues with respect to information and communication technology for populations and healthcare providers.
- Discuss implications of Public Health Informatics to improve patient and
- Identify telehealth applications and discuss issues pertaining to the practice of telehealth.
- Participants will understand some of the tools that are used in Logistics. Participants will be able to map healthcare processes and patient journeys
- Participants will be able to use the knowledge of the logistics industry to map and optimized their clinical, patient journeys and care processes.
Job Role Readiness
It will prepare learners in the following job roles to perform their responsibilities more effectively/ It will prepare learners for the following job roles:
- Healthcare informaticians, IT professionals, nurses, supporting staff and healthcare software providers
- Nursing and clinical employees who are responsible for improving, clinical, patients and delivery processes
Who Should Attend
- Healthcare Professionals
- This programme is designed for healthcare professionals & mid-career PMETs looking to pivot into health informatics roles.
- At least a polytechnic diploma
(Click their photos to view their short biographies)
Assoc Prof Danny Poo
Assoc Prof Danny Poo brings with him 35 years of Software Engineering and Information Technology and Management experience. A graduate from the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST), England, Dr Poo is currently an Associate Professor at the Department of Information Systems and Analytics, National University of Singapore. Prior to joining the University, Dr Poo was with the System Operations at DBSBank, Singapore.
A Steering Committee member of the Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference, Dr Poo is actively involved in Information Management and Healthcare Analytics research. A well-known speaker in seminars, Dr Poo has conducted numerous in-house training and consultancy for organizations, both locally and regionally. Dr Poo is the author of 5 books on Object-Oriented Software Engineering, Java Programming language and Enterprise JavaBeans.
Dr Poo notable teaching credentials include:
- Data Strategy
- Data StoryTelling
- Data Visualisation
- Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Data Management
- Data Governance
- Data Architecture
- Capstone Projects for Business Analytics
- Software Engineering
- Server-side Systems Design and Development
- Information Technology Project Management
- Health Informatics
- Healthcare Analytics
- Health Informatics Leadership.
- Deutsche Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- ST Electronic
- Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Infocomm Development Authority
- National Library Board
- Ministry of Manpower
- Nanyang Technological University
- Nanyang Polytechnic
- National University Hospital.
Mr Teo Chin Seng
Mr Teo Chin Seng is an experience Senior Technology Executive with more than 33 years of experience, working in the Asia Pacific (Singapore), China, Middle East and USA (LA).
Chin Seng last appointment was the Senior VP of Global IT in DP World. He was leading the digitalization of DP World through the implementation of a Global Digital platform that serves our 78 terminals in 40 countries.
He has been in senior management roles for the last 22 years, leading and transforming organizations through technology. He is a thought leader in the use of technology to transform companies towards greater efficiencies and transforming new business models. His experience spans across Healthcare Industry, Manufacturing, FMCG, distribution Logistics, Free Trade Zones, Customs, Regulatory controls and Maritime Logistics.
In the age of digitalization of Business, it is about transforming to deliver business value:
Business Digitalization, Business Transformation, and Process Re-engineering
The product, Process and Service innovation, and
Achieving business values, improving operations’ efficiencies and creating greater delights in customers’ processes.
Future and Smart City Research and Development. Research and Development of Technology Solutions of Intelligent Cities through different Social-Psychology Profiles, People Behaviors, Person lifecycle and changing needs and social acceptance of solutions.
As a successful practitioner, a thought leader and a technology/ business evangelist, Chin Seng have successful lead and delivers the use of new developments in technology and businesses, to present value, relevance and instills a strong sense of confidence for businesses to execute and implement.
Total Nett Programme Fee Payable, Including GST, after additional funding from the various funding schemes
Participants must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components to be eligible for SSG funding.
To enquire, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To register, click Register
Public Health Informatics and Telehealth: TGS-2022011054 (Classroom Learning) / TGS- 2022011554 (Synchronous e-learning)
Implementation of Healthcare Digitalization: Healthcare Supply Chain: TGS- 2020507531 (Classroom Learning)
Select Short Course / Modular Course -> Apply for Myself -> Browse Academic Modules / Short Courses-> Module/Course Category -> Short Courses -> Browse Courses-> Advanced Computing for Exe (Faculty/Department / Unit)
Please download the user guide for NUS Online Application Portal after you click ‘Apply for Myself’ if you need assistance.