NUS Cyber Analyst Programme
Make cybersecurity a business priority
Cyber Attacks have devastating impacts for any business, including data loss, employee downtime and the cost of restoring operations. All the best hardware and software that money can buy will not be able to fend off Cyber Attacks if the organizations do not invest in the staff handling cyber security, information technology (IT), and technical matters by updating their knowledge.
NUS Cyber Analyst Programme is designed to empower students with the necessary framework knowledge, tools and skills to embark on a career as a professional specialist to undertake the role of safeguarding organisation's critical network infrastructure. This course is built with 8 core components in place to provide our students with a comprehensive and immersive training. The subject domains that are necessary for a Cyber Analyst career will be delivered over a mix of theory and practical sessions conducted by highly qualified professionals and practitioners of this field.
Cybercrime account for 43% of overall crime in Singapore in 2020. Ransomware attacks climbed 154% in 2020. Covid has seen a stark increase of bad actors exploiting vulnerabilities. Website defacement, phishing, ransomware and botnet attacks are some common vectors of attack which are set to grow over time.
This discipline has an intense need for talent. The purpose of this course is to equip students with the best practice and knowledge in this profession so that they will find a rewarding and challenging career in a ever growing sector.
Whether you are looking to make an entrance to this new exciting career, strengthening your career profile or making a career switch, you have come to the right place. This comprehensive course is designed to equip you with the following outcome:
- Skills in automating data gathering task across network infrastructure for malware analysis, host discovery, packet analysis, accessing servers, port scanning, log files collection and network scanning. This skill is useful across many IT related work.
- Understanding the network architecture and the associated applications, network services, directories, protocols, types of packets and network segmentation for creating safe DMZ zone with Firewall and Internet Detection System. A grounded knowledge in network is highly essential and beneficial to student's future skills in other aspect of IT work.
- Operation skills in detecting packet sniffing and averting malicious intrusion activities. These skills deepen student's operational knowledge in this specialise domain.
- Competency in Operating System like Windows and Linux and their associated components such as file structure, directories, events and logs enable students to proactively plan a defensive strategy against malicious exploit towards OS.
- Knowledge in Linux commands also add an indispensable component into the cyber professional took kit required for penetration testing and vulnerability assessment task.
- Understanding in basic web development tools and coding skills such as HTML, PHP, SQL, JS has become necessary because hackers occasionally target websites and stage scripting attack against an organisation landing page.
- Experience in performing in web environment using a range of techniques such as SQL Injection, website code injection, Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF), Cross-Site Scripting (XSS), Authentication Bypass, etc. Possess strong fundamental in ethical hacking. Participants gain a better understanding on how to design strategy for defense.
- Practical experience in network penetration testing including deep understanding of a Cyber Attack Kill Chain. Understand the attacker’s mindset is important for a Cyber Analyst.
- Skills in handling network forensic tools for investigation of suspicious network activities diagnosis of logs, registry and events.
- Planning skills and threat recognition to avert attacks through proactive intrusion detection and mastering the MITRE ATT&CK Framework.
- Learn industry recognised Security Information and Event Management(SIEM) tools like Splunk to execute a analytic and data centric response to malicious activities. Attain skills required for monitoring, detecting, assessing and responding to incidents and methods of reporting them.
The programme consists of 8 cybersecurity courses to equip participants with the necessary knowledge to be a Cyber Analyst. Python for Cyber Security is the first course that the participants should take as the first step into the cyber workforce and will equip them with basic programming skills. The course is suitable for individuals with little to no Python programming experience as it provides the requisite Python knowledge for cybersecurity and other advanced cyber courses.
- Python For Cyber Security
- Mastering Computer Networks
- Linux For Cyber Analyst
- Operating Systems For Cyber Analyst
- Web Penetration Testing
- Network Forensics
- Network Penetration Testing
- Incident Response Diving Into Cyber Defence
(Click on the individual course to view the course detail.)
Funding up to 90%! (Terms and Conditions apply)
Participants must fulfill at least 75% attendance and pass all assessment components, to be eligible for SSG funding.
For enquiries, please email to email@example.com
To register, click Register
Select Short Course / Modular Course -> Apply for Myself -> Browse Academic Modules / Short Courses-> Module/Course Category -> Short Courses -> Browse Courses-> Strategic Tech Mgt Institute (Faculty/Department / Unit)
Please download the user guide for NUS Online Application Portal after you click ‘Apply for Myself’ if you need assistance.
Industry Expert Sentiments
"Cybersecurity is a complex, multi-faceted subject that spans across technical, business and strategic domains. Navigating the wide expanse of training options and cybersecurity courses available is equally complex and daunting to the uninitiated. These courses are therefore a great head-start for professionals who aspire to join the cybersecurity industry or current cybersecurity practitioners looking to become more proficient in specific skillsets."
Mr HUANG Shao Fei
Cybersecurity Chapter at Singapore Computer Society
“Cybersecurity is everybody’s business”. We hear this often but we don’t really know what it means. As cyber-criminals become more and more sophisticated, it is hardly possible for everybody to be sentinels of cybersecurity, if we are not equally as sophisticated as cyber-criminals. It is therefore imperative that those at the forefront of the battle ground of cyberwarfare be equipped with the latest knowledge and tools, and then educate all the rest of the organization so that all can play a part in the battle. These courses are intended to increase the skills of our cyber warriors at all levels of expertise. To be trained is to be prepared!”
Prof Alex SIOW
NUS School of Computing
About Our Partner - Dart
DART is a unique cyber training and mentoring company. DART specialises in cyber security training and evaluation solutions, leveraging the vast operational experience that its trainers have in combating real-world threats. DART’s instructors are highly experienced cyber experts with a proven track record in cyber training, who holds prestigious positions in top notch hi-tech companies.
In the past years, DART has trained more than 500 cyber security experts and assisted in the establishment of several cyber governmental units. DART was founded in 2018 by ex-military personnel from the Israeli Defence Forces.