Digital Product Management: From Strategy to Launch
Duration: 6 weeks, excluding 1 week orientation
Course format: Online
Course fees: S$2,056
Over the six weeks of this online short course, you’ll gain practical tools for managing the strategy, planning, development, marketing and support of digital products. Guided by industry expert Boon Kee Lee, you’ll examine how product management operates at the intersection of business, customers and technology, and learn to employ his Digital Product Management Framework to oversee the entire life cycle of both digital and traditional products. You’ll explore ways to turn a product vision into a product strategy by using a business case, market analysis, product positioning, pricing and packaging and discover how to build a go-to-market plan in preparation for launching a product. You’ll also have the chance to create your own product pitch, based on interactive case studies covered throughout the course, and formulate a launch plan to introduce a product to market successfully. Walk away with an enhanced ability to strategically manage a digital product from start to finish.
This course aims to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- Manage a product successfully through the use of Boon Kee Lee’s Digital Product Management Framework.
- Turn a product vision into a successful product strategy.
- Create and execute an effective product plan and pitch.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Thrive in the role of a product manager in an increasingly digital world
- Clearly articulate a product manager’s role in the digital transformation of organisations
- Develop a product strategy using market analysis, a business case, product positioning, pricing and packaging and a go-to-market plan
- Manage the development and marketing of products throughout their life cycle
- Recommend a pricing strategy to maximise a product’s value for shareholders and customers
- Collaborate effectively with your team and other key stakeholders to enhance the customer experience
- Formulate a product roadmap and launch plan to bring a product to market
- Develop your own product pitch, based on learnings from practical case studies and interactive exercises
- Deliver a competitive advantage and drive business success
- Product management
- Product strategy
- Product planning
- Product pitching
- Market analysis
- Digital transformation
Who Should Attend
Professionals across industries who are interested in adopting a more strategic approach to developing, launching and marketing products should take this course.
- Access to a computer and the internet (Google Chrome is the recommended choice of browser)
- A current email account
- Access to a PDF reader
- Access to software for viewing presentations, reading and creating documents and working with spreadsheets (eg. Microsoft Office)
Mr Lee Boon Kee
Senior Lecturer, Department of Information Systems and Analytics, National University of Singapore
Mr Lee Boon Kee
Mr Lee Boon Kee is a senior lecturer in the Department of Information Systems and Analytics, School of Computing at the National University of Singapore. He obtained his B.Sc. in Information Systems and Computer Science from NUS in 1989. Prior to his teaching career at NUS, Boon Kee has over thirty years of IT consulting experience in expert systems and software development, system integration, and product management while working in ISS, Accenture, Sun Microsystems, HP, EDS, DEC, and NEC. He has been engaged by several companies on their digital transformation journeys to help them move from a project-driven to a product-centric business model in delivering digital products and services. His research interest is digital product management, digital ecosystems and platforms, digital experience platforms, and digital economy.
After graduating in 1989 from NUS with a BSc in information systems and computer science, Boon Kee amassed 30 years of IT consulting experience in expert systems and software development, system integration and product management. Before starting his teaching career, he helped many businesses drive digital transformation efforts and deliver digital products and services, allowing them to turn their project-driven business model to a product-centric one. Boon Kee’s primary research interests lie in digital product management, digital ecosystems and platforms, digital experience platforms and the digital economy.
Insight from your Course Convenor
“Unlike other professions with established methodologies, the key challenge for product management practitioners is the lack of formalised approaches or established work tools. This is exacerbated by a complex array of tasks and processes that the typical product manager has to handle, including managing relationships with Sales, Marketing, Product Development and Executive Management teams within the organisation.”
– Boon Kee Lee,