Blockchain: Commercial Applications
Duration: 6 weeks excluding 1 week orientation
Course format: Online
Course fees: S$2,056
Explore the fundamental rules and features of blockchain technology, as well as its potential commercial applications for your business.
Blockchain technology is fast becoming entrenched in industries around the world. To harness it correctly, businesses need the knowledge, skills and tools to keep up.
The Blockchain: Commercial Applications online short course from the National University of Singapore (NUS) Advanced Computing for Executives (ACE) will provide you with a deeper understanding of blockchain technology. Discover what’s required for your business to be able to implement this innovative solution. Explore the basic rules, features and best practices. Learn more about existing blockchain services, and how to secure the necessary IT architecture and infrastructure. You’ll also gain insights into its ethical impact, as you uncover blockchain’s potential commercial applications for your business.
On completion of this course, you’ll walk away with:
- The ability to identify the features and use cases for blockchain technology
- A deeper understanding of the commercial applications of distributed ledger technology (DLT) and smart contracts. This includes the opportunity to practice using MetaMask to create a token in Ethereum
- A clearer picture of the resources and stakeholder support required for a use case relevant to your context, along with insight into the ethical impact of blockchain technology
- A holistic and comprehensive proposal for a blockchain application relevant to you and your business
- Unlimited access to 2U’s Career Engagement Network, offering you exclusive resources and events to support your professional journey and drive your career forward
- Blockchain technology today
- Distributed ledgers and smart contracts
- Commercial applications
- Possible and permissible
- Blockchain resources and architecture
- Preparing for the pitch, a credible blockchain proposal
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for business leaders, professionals and managers who want to keep up with technological trends, as well as uncover new business opportunities. The non-technical content will guide decision makers who wish to understand the requirements for implementing blockchain solutions. It also gives managers seeking to learn more about the basics of blockchain a clear understanding of its commercial applications within their business.
Mr Phil A. Woods
Executive Education Fellow, National University of Singapore (NUS), Advanced Computing for Executives (ACE)
Mr Phil A. Woods
Mr Phil A. Woods is the Founder and CEO of the Abele Group, a Singapore based fintech firm focused on delivering advanced technological solutions in financial services. He teaches courses on Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology use cases through the NUS Fintech Lab. Prior to the Abele Group, Phil spent 15 years working in financial services at UBS Investment Bank and Citigroup in Markets businesses.
Mr Phil A. Woods is a graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point where he studied History and Civil Engineering. Phil served as a US Army Aviation Officer prior to embarking upon a corporate career.